PDA

View Full Version : Side to side leveing system

RonS
12-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I have this system and all is working as advertized. But have been told that some people have messed up their frame, and now the slides will not properly go in and out. Had to take back to lippert and get the frame rebent??? Does anyone have information on this or just another bad rumor. I like the side to side system and after 6 months have no issues with it.

ponch
12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Ron

As far as I know that is only a bad rumor.

You probably have stage two and that problem can't happen with that system.

If it ever happened it would have to have been with stage one and then you would have had to operate it completely opposite of the directions and the instructions given at the time of instillation.

That being said I have had both one and two with absolutely no problems.

sr
12-11-2008, 06:40 PM
No problem here and I would not be with out it. Sure makes leveling the RV simple.

RonS
12-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Pounch - How do I know if I have stage 1 or 2, and what is the difference?? I had it put on about 6mo ago at TrailAir. Working great so far. And have been in places where I had wheel off ground to get level, only stayed at that park for 4 nights. I always try to put down the high side first.

ponch
12-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Stage two is integrated with the rear jacks. in other words when you lower your middle jacks( levelers) you also lower the rear. jacks.

You do not have to be attached to the truck. system one you are attached to the truck when you level left to right. in system two you are not attached to the truck when you level.

RonS
12-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Pounch - Why did you upgrade to stage two? Did you have issues??

Does anyone have any feed back on Trailair tri-slide plate/adapter on pin box?? I just put on my TK3 but will not hook up until we leave the RGV in March.

ponch
12-13-2008, 05:00 PM
No I did not have any problems just wanted to have the up grade.

sr
12-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Ron,

I had the level 2 installed for 2 reasons. 1. You cannot twist the frame and 2. I can level after unhooking from the TV. I feel it is quicker to unhook and then level side to side and then front to back. Also sometimes there is settling after a few days and you can adjust with out twisting the frame or hooking back up to the TV.

JAB
01-03-2009, 08:56 AM
If you've been parked and the ground has settled - does this system automatically relevel itself and if not is it hard to do

Thanks,

Joyce

ponch
01-03-2009, 09:17 AM
JAB

If you have the level 2 you just go outside check your digital level and then make the adjustment.

As far as adjusting on it's own No.

2blackdogs
01-04-2009, 06:30 AM
What would the cost be to add the levelers to a '06 ES 36TK3 ?
Are there 4 additional jacks that come down ?
I don't have a problem pulling up on blocks before disconnecting but it sure would make it nice.
Bob

ponch
01-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Bob you need to call Trail Air and tell them which jacks are under the coach.

That will determine weather they have to put two or four jacks under.