PDA

View Full Version : Dining Table Light Breaking Brackets

RGordon
11-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I have broken two dining table light fixtures since new on 07. DRV replaced one fixture under warranty and appears to not be a good choice of light fixtures. It hangs down by three metal post and about a foot from the ceiling. Has anyone else experienced light fixture breakage? I had my tires balanced thinking that was causing the vibration. I need to get another fixture that don't hang from the ceiling!!!!

47hook
11-05-2008, 09:48 PM
No problems with that light fixture and I only had the wheels balanced recently. After probably 12K plus miles, coast to coast and all. Have you checked to see if the structure the light mounts to is secure? Or maybe it is not and that allows excess movement.

Worse comes to worse...Duct Tape :lol: ...the Handyman's Secret Weapon...(Red Green Show).

Gemstone
11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
No trouble with ours....but while browsing thru this RV Surplus site on e-bay yesterday, I did see some fixtures for sale.

Bontragers RV Surplus (http://stores.ebay.com/Bontragers-RV-Surplus_Category-1_RV-Camper-Accessories_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ13084273QQftidZ 2QQtZkm)

[/url]

mloftin
11-06-2008, 09:29 AM
I had ours break a couple of months ago DRV replaced it under warranty.

billr
11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
The light in ours is still intact, but we did have all 4 fan blades break off, on different trips. Dealer replaced all 4.

Bill