PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Faucet

AlwaysHomeNow
10-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Has anyone replaced your bathroom faucet? Ours has a constant drip, so I bought a replacement at Lowes. But, after looking closely at how our original connects under the sink, I'm not sure a traditional household faucet will work. Our hot and cold lines run up to about 1-2 inches from the underneath side of the sink. There is just no room to connect to the 4" copper pipes that protrude down from the household faucet. We would have to cut our water lines and reroute them.

I've looked online for an RV replacement faucet, but all I can find out there is chrome plated plastic junk. I'd like to install a quality faucet with the brushed nickel finish like we have now.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

wingnut60
10-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Looking at my lav faucet, I see what you mean. Have you thought about a flex connector--there are stainless steel or plastic connector lines designed to fit between the shutoff valves and the faucet lines in a house--if the fittings on the ends of these connectors are the correct size, this would solve the problem. Only other way I see is to take the new faucet and the old one to a plumber and let him cut the leads of the new unit to match the old one.

Joe

anijet
10-17-2008, 08:25 AM
I replaced our with one from HD not too long ago. It is a tight area to work in but can be done one handed.

My problem was the drain control was different and I would need to replace the drain pipe with the new drain. We don't close the drain so I left it not connected.