PDA

View Full Version : Ice maker in Dometic

scubadavge
05-21-2005, 11:50 AM
I have a Dometic New Demisions refer with ice maker Model NDR1062. The ice maker allows too much water in during a refil and therfore the overflow goes into the cube holder making a solid layer in the bottom. I was wondering if there was some type of adjustment to the water valve that would limit the amount of water during the refil process?

:?

Stripit
05-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Just happen to have the phone number for Chris Holland, she is the tech that really knows her stuff. She works for Dometic, and was just at the Mobile Suites rally in Indiana doing various repairs and adjustments. Her number is 260-463-7691 at her office. Good Luck and hope this helps.

bamspringtx
05-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Is it new? Is it old and this problem just start? Need more details. If it is old and just started having trouble, then the ice tray might just have calcium/lime buildup. This happens alot in my home freezer.

On a side note-- How is Sedro-Woolley. Is it still in the country? or has the city taken over. I was stationed on Whidbey Is. '89-'94. I sure miss that part of the country. Could not believe Oak Harbor had a Wally world last time I was there about 5 years ago.

BobW
05-29-2006, 12:59 AM
We have the same ice maker, the NDR 1062. Yes, there is a screw behind the plastic cover that lets you adjust the amount of water that enters the trays. My ice maker does the same thing. Big block of ice. Did you get a manuel? It tells you how to do it. I tried to adjust mine, but it didn't do the job. I need to take it in again one more time.