PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Fuses

Haggis
09-08-2008, 06:58 PM
The 3 amp [two prong] fuse keeps blowing on the circuit board for the fridge.

The 5 amp [glass] buss fuse is fine on the board as well as the one beside the board.

Any idea why the 3 amp fuse keeps blowing, other than a short somewhere?

Geoff

rverdlm
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Geoff, does it blow immediately or sporadically? If it's immediate it's probably a short, but if it's sporadically then it's probably running close to 3A and any power spike etc will blow it. If that's the case I would try a slow blow fuse of 3A or even go to a slow blow 4A. 4 amps will not melt anything down. If there should become a real short it will certainly blow. BTW I'm having the opposite problem. Mine occasionally blows the 5A fuse. It has not been often enough for me to make a change, but, if it blows again I'm going to go to a slow blow.

Haggis
09-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Dave......The fuse blows immediately when replaced.

Looks like I have a short somewhere.

Will have to go digging. :)

Motor31
09-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Just curious here, where is the control board physically located in the fridge? I have the side by side door model.

rverdlm
09-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Mike; When you open the lower outside door it will be the black box on the left side at about the mid point vertically. Just take out the Phillips screw at the top middle and use a small screw driver to pop the catch on the right side. There will be 2 fuses in there, a 3A & a 5A.

jdwilson3
09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
You guys are talking about a different fuse than Geoff was posting about. He was refering to a 2 prong (automotive style) fuse. Not sure where the one he's talking about is though.

Haggis
09-12-2008, 12:50 PM
John.......The two prong 3 amp automotive fuse is on the left side of the circuit board.

The glass 5 amp fuse is on the right side of the circuit board.

No luck on finding the short yet, will keep digging.

Geoff