PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200i won't start

rverdlm
09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
One of my Honda 2000i's won't start. I took the carb off and found it dry. Cleaned it anyway and then found that there is no fuel getting to the carb. I took the line that goes to the carb off the fuel pump and there is no fuel coming out of the pump (there is fuel in the tank). Has any one else had this problem? Is there a fuel filter that could be plugged? If so where is it? Any help appreciated.

Motor31
09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Try blowing air back into the tank from the carb end of the hose. If you don't get any bubbles there is a block, likely at the tank nipple where the hose attaches. You might also leave some fresh gas sitting in it a while to see if it dissolves whatever is blocking it. I believe it's a gravity feed system so any block will shut it off.

I always drain mine when done. Gas goes sour too fast and varnishes up the gas system.

clarkandsheila
06-10-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm sure this is too late to help but maybe someone else.
Use a gasoline stabilizer. It won't stop the fuel from turning bad for ever but will mean it is useable next season. Any small quantity of fuel left in the machine will then last longer also.
I always run my gen and outboard out of fuel before I put them away.

Even so, eventually you may have to pull and clean the carb and system but it won't be but for every few years.

wingnut60
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Clark has good advice. I also was recently told by a small engine shop
(after I had to have the fuel system serviced) that any ethanol used will cause more storage problems than regular unleaded. I had filled the Honda motor with 10% ethanol when in Kansas.
Joe

rverdlm
06-11-2009, 08:15 AM
FWIW I always use Stor-n-start in all my small motors. With the Hondas that is not enough to do. You must also drain the carbs after use. It turns out there is a screen type filter at the output of the tank and it was plugged. It's quite a job to get the fuel system all out for cleaning. It requires a lot of disassembly.

wingnut60
06-11-2009, 09:07 AM
rverdlm--
It is darn good advice to always use an additive to the gas when not using one for extended periods. I am my own worst enemy in this--the Honda motor I was using was on a piece of equipment (13hp unit) and had not used any gas additives in over 7 years of use. It always started easily until I used the ethanol the one time. I also have a Poulan chainsaw that is over 18 years old--never have done anything to the fuel, and it always starts on 2nd/3rd pull, and I only use it every year or so. But the one time with the Honda and service cost way more than the additive would have. Lesson learned.
Joe

AbleSmith
01-12-2011, 04:28 AM
This is because of bad fuel pump or there could be blown fuse or broken wire, or may be fuel filter became dirty or blocked fuel line. There could be several problem, kindly check out the same from mechanic