PDA

View Full Version : RV.NET forum

2 DA WDS
09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Is anybody able to get on the Good Sam RV.NET Open Roads Forum? I just discovered today that I can only bring up a cached copy from 8/26.

ponch
09-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Tom
I'm getting it.

jdwilson3
09-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Working for me as well.

2 DA WDS
09-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, I dont know whats going on but I found an old bookmark to a specific RV.net post and then I was back in. Oddly enough even after that my regular bookmark to it still wouldnt let me in so I deleted it and added it back to favorites once I got back in!

Thanks guys

Mikey
09-05-2008, 09:13 AM
The computer usually keeps a copy of each "page" you visit - speeds up surfing. Sometimes it's a problem.

Cache
In Explorer (each system is a bit different) Windows, XP, Vista
- Tools
- Internet Options
- General
- Browsing Histoty

You can delete the Cache - takes a long time if you haven't done it for a long time. You can also have it delete automatically (daily, weekly, etc.)
If you can't find it, try pressing F1 (help) and typing "delete cache".

This will help speed up your surfing since the computer doesn't have to check as much cache each time you visit a page.

You can use a similar process to delete your browsing history (where you've been surfing). This is VERY important if you use a computer in a library , airport or other public place.

Cookies - helps a website direct you to areas you've been before. ie - if you were looking at RV's - then ads or pages about RVs would be displayed. Usually not a problem, but Explorer can be set up to "ask" if you want a cookie - that way you decide if you want the website to know you've been there. (that's where a lot of junk mail comes from.)

Some cookies are good - they help remember logins, passwords, etc. Again if you are using a "public" computer you should always delete your cookies when you finish.

2 DA WDS
09-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Well, this is odd. I cant get on RV.NET here at work on my PC but can on other PCs here. I cleared out all cache & temps. and still wont work. Maybe reboot?

BobW
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Make sure you have the correct address. If not, it's.....
http://www.rv.net/forum/

Motor31
09-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Link worked for me.

2 DA WDS
09-08-2008, 09:44 AM
My network guy came and changed a setting on my PC for the server. Now its working fine.

ponch
09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
See you were just not holding your mouth right. lol

Congratulations!

rdunk
09-08-2008, 03:01 PM
This is the link I use for the RV.net 5th wheel forum -

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/24.cfm

8) 8) 8)