PDA

View Full Version : Rear Hitch

syringa
09-03-2008, 11:42 AM
When ordering our suite we forgot to include the rear hitch. Has anyone installed a rear hitch on one of these Mobile Suites?? We need it for a bike rack only...any suggestions???
2008 32tk3 mobile suite

Motor31
09-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I had the "factory installed" bike rack hitch on ours. It removed itself and then impaled the rear of the rig when it made contact with a driveway incline due to very bad welding practices. The 'installer" merely put a series of cold tack spots instead of putting a proper bead. You are better off going after market. Keep in mind that this style of rack will be subject to a lot of stress due to the design as it wobbles from every bump on the road. The bikes are on the equivalent of a lever hanging off of the hitch and it's a light duty system.

BobW
09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
I've been thinking about adding a bike rack to the front of the pickup instead of the rear of the RV. We had a bike rack that you hook to the ladder. Really a bad idea. The one we had broke and the bikes hit the ground. Cost $150 to fix the bikes, plus the ladder had to be replaced. As of now we've been putting the bikes in the bed.

MBarz
09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
:cry: Hello, I have a 32TK3 and put my bikes on the ladder in the back. Because we to forgot to get a hitch put on. And that was a mistake. Just bought our Mobile Suites in June and after a few trips the bikes broke lose and was swigning back and forth and scratched everything in the back. So now I do not take them until I can find someone to install the hitch. And I do not know where to start because I want to make sure someone knows how to tear apart the underbelly to put the hitch on right so it does not break off.

The Spices
09-12-2008, 01:32 PM
This won't be for everyone but . . . .

After struggling with different possibilities for months, we just purchased a roof rack for the truck (4 door) and are planning on carrying two kayaks and two bikes on it. That way they go where the truck goes.