PDA

View Full Version : resetting the thermostat

rverdlm
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
I know it's been posted before, but I can't find it. Can someone tell me how to do the thermostat reset?

larry_electricguy
08-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I believe you turn the thermosat off. Hold down the top and bottom button. Turn stat back on holding the buttons down a ff should appear on the screen. let up on buttons and set desired mode of operation.

Larry

rverdlm
08-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks, Larry. That is exactly the meathod. I did it but it didn't help. The compressor on the main AC does not seem to engage. At least it does not blow any cold air. I'll get on the roof ASAP and see if I can deduce anything. Fortunately the bedroom AC works.

ponch
08-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Dave
When you get on the roof take the cover off and make sure that the fan is running. If not cut the power and break it loose with your hands.

Good Luck

rverdlm
08-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Ponch; the fan runs, but the air coming out is the sme temp as the air in. I also don't think I can hear the compressor start.

RonS
08-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Mine did same thing called repairman, who took off cover looked in, said start up capacitor was fried. Easy 15 min fix. Take your cover off look for burnt wires, if this is your problem you can fix it yourself with $30 capacitor. Mine was under warranty but I had to pay for service call. dometic paid for part.

rverdlm
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I checked the capacitor this morning and it is all good. There is an oily stain/residue on the bottom surface under the cover. I can see the compressor start, but no cold air. I believe it has lost it's charge. There are no obvious places on any of the tubes where they have rubbed through. My guess is it's the compressor itself.