PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Sell MS

osiebosie
08-06-2008, 08:21 AM
:(
I've been watching the boards but keeping quiet as we haven't been able to do much (any) camping at all lately.

As things are getting worse for us, we have decided we need to sell our Mobile Suite. Not an easy decision to make, and I know it won't be an easy thing to do. I imagine not many RV's are being bought at this time. But we've got to do what we've got to do.

So my question is: do any of ya'll have advice on how or where to sell an RV? I think we can take it back to our dealer and they'll list it as consignment, but I don't have all of the details yet. Any particular magazine that seems to do well selling units?

I was hoping to pull out of this funk, but I don't think it'll happen until after election. I hate election years.

Of all of the RV's we've owned, this has been the best ever, and we really do not want to do this.

Thanks for your advice and help.

Sharon & George

SuiteWheels
08-06-2008, 11:02 AM
osiebosie, I don't have the answer for you as we are thinking the same thing. Will probably sell our MS & dully but I don't know which or where the best place to advertise would be either. If you get any private PMs on this question with good advice.....please pass on to me!
Thanks.

larry_electricguy
08-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Sharon and George,

I'm so sorry to hear about your decision to sell your MS. I'm sure that you love yours as much as we love ours!

I don't know anything about trying to sell your Suite, but I've always heard that if you can sell it yourself, you will probably get a better price for it, also eliminate the middle man that will make profit off of your sale!

Larry and I both, have wondered the last couple years about what had happened to you guys...we had such a fun time at our first SUITES RALLY, and you both took such a great part in helping it come to life, and you were so active on the web then you just disappeared...I hope and pray that everything is alright with you and your family!

Betty

bstark
08-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Sharon & George: I'll join with Larry in adding my regrets to your leaving the fold so to speak. Having been on this forum for what seems a donkey's age, I too remember your enthusiasm when about to take ownership of your trailer and it seems terrible to me that you now have to consider giving her up. Best wishes and I sincerely hope things turn around for you both so you may once again live your dreams.

osiebosie
08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks ya'll.

Obviously, the most distressing event has just been the economic slow down. G T Plumbing is just doing ...nothing. I can't make payments with nothing.

But the other event, that was fabulous, was the birth of our grandson, Temple! We never dreamed that he would be the center of the universe for us, and that he would affect our camping, but it happened. Now he is getting older, and we would love to take him camping, but now, of course, is lean times. We used to dream of retiring and full-timing, or at least half-timing, but that seems odd now that Temple is here. But as he is getting older, I can sort of see it.

Anyway, he has been such a joy and a change for us. He literally lives 1.5 miles away, so we do get to see him often. I hear that when grandkids get near their teen years that it's easier to leave them, but not at the age he's at now. And what if he gets a sibling??!! :shock: Then we are really tied down!

Anyway, I wish the economy would quickly turn around, but we just can't hold on indefinitely to the MS at the point we are at. So it's with horribly heavy hearts that we've gotten to this point. I know that if we sell, that we'll never be able to get our unit back, and I cannot imagine going into a "lesser" fifth wheel. It sucks cause we are just so close! If we'd had a few more months, it would have been paid off.

We missed the rally last year, but loved going to the first one. We loved meeting everyone, and we just generally love camping. We actually had started on a garage to store the MS. It, too, is just sitting right now. :cry:

We don't live in a place where it is feasible to put a sign on the unit, so I am going to have to do some work selling it. There are a couple of magazines I may advertise in, and of course, there's always Ebay if it doesn't sell. How depressing.

I wish I had a very wealthy aunt somewhere.

George actually just put a brand new washer/dryer combo in the rig. We haven't even used it yet.

I'm always around, just not been very vocal lately.

Sharon

Gemstone
08-07-2008, 08:15 PM
You could try these sites:

http://www.rvonline.com/

http://www.rvsearch.com/

Good Luck

Gemstone

wingnut60
08-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Another well-read sales site is: www.rvtraderonline.com

Sorry you have to sell--we have the same floorplan trailer, and its been pretty good to us.

highfive
08-18-2008, 09:37 AM
We are new to the 5th wheel world, and have been shopping intensively. We love the Mobile Suites line, but have been put off by the "new" cost.

I would love to talk to the member who is considering selling his unit.

My email is sspigel@tnonc.com

Thanks.

Stuart

wingnut60
08-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Where are you located?

I sent you an email direct about one for sale.

Joe

osiebosie
08-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Just south of Nashville, Tennessee.

Thompson's Station, to be exact.

Thanks,

Sharon

berghild
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
i hope you find someone through word of mouth on this forum. We sold our previous rig. i would not use a site that calls for big payment up front. Craigs List is awesome....and local paper is where we sold ours. We had put a camping world CSP on it and I think that helped since the contract was transferrable. THe local paper was the best....course the local paper is san diego so it reaches a LOT of people. God Luck. It would break my heart to sell ours....but hopefully that will never happen...it's our home on wheels. cyndy

SuiteWheels
08-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Stuart, just sent you an e-mail.