PDA

View Full Version : Power Awning Closing Problem

Jim1941
05-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Anyone had a problem with the awning not closing all the way?My arms on the awning will not line to close all the way and i have to get on a ladder and push it over to close.Know ihave to adjust something but what?Thanks for any help.Jim

2 DA WDS
05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
I have had that problem a couple of times this year. I just whack it with my hand and it pops in. Sometimes one end also hangs up when opening and I close it back up then it usually opens ok. But I dont know of any adjustments.

wingnut60
05-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Sometimes the frabric doesn't spool right, or is too far towards one end--I have had to move the fabric left or right in the groove.

rdunk
05-30-2008, 11:46 PM
If the fabric between the "spool" and the top stopping point is too long, would that affect how tightly the awning closes?? Ie. if it might, pulling through a little more "flap" at the roller could possibly change the roll-up.

I would talk to dometic about this problem - FWIW

vmc4820
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
deleted by VM

bstark
06-07-2008, 09:00 AM
The arms can be forced out of alignment by the awning fabric moving fore or aft in the roller tube as has been mentioned above. To affect an adjustment of that condition I've found the easiest way for those of us with the manual awnings is to roll the awning out all the way, leave it in it's lowest position and lift the roller tube slightly to set the roller tube on a step ladder or some other support which will allow the fabric to droop and you can then move that fabric easily from front to back in the roller tube.

bstark
06-07-2008, 09:05 AM
I have found that the billowing of fabric upon roll-up is directly related to the use of the anti-billowing awning devices (not the fabric edge deflappers) I was using to tension and provide a bowing effect to the fabric such as an umbrella to keep it from humping up and down in stiff breezes, they stretch the acrylic fabric in the middle of the awning which leads to that saggy bit of fabric you can see below the tube when awning is stowed.