PDA

View Full Version : Top slideout seal/molding

martins192
04-30-2008, 07:07 AM
I've been an avid reader of this forum since the start, and you guys and gals have provided much discussion and guidance on many of the small and large problems I have run into with my Elite. For this I thank you all greatly!

Now for my latest, on which I cannot recall ever seeing anything.

On my off-door side slide, the fiberglass molding that has the bulb seal that the slide recesses into when closed, has pulled away from wall at the top and is hanging down on the roof. This provides a potential leak and prevents the top of the slide from recessing properly when closed.

The original screws appear to have been placed at an angle in the recess, and did not hold in much material allowing this molding to come loose. I'm considering adding some stainless screws to the front face and resealing to repair this. Access is extremely hampered by the slide topper.

Anyone have any pros or cons or better ideas?

Thanks, Marty

RonS
04-30-2008, 09:44 AM
I have never messed with the seal, however I would do the same as you have stated. I did have the topper awning slide off from the slide when the screws broke off. If it would make it easer to repair with the topper awning taken off from the slide, its not a real big deal. But a lot better with two people, one on each side of the awning. I did mine with the slide in. I would replace the screws when reattaching the topper. I recommend that you add a little clear silicone sealant to each screw as it helps to keep them from working out. The topper screw replacement was discusses last winter on this site. Good luck!