PDA

View Full Version : A new word to describe Doubletree products....rugged...???

cptxguys
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Well, after owning two Doubletree products, I can't say that 'rugged' is a word that I would have used to describe them. That's just not what comes to mind while inside with a peaceful, home-like feeling.

However, I can truthfully say they are more durable than you may realize and very rugged against the elements.

Our MobileSuite was in a hail storm this week in north central Oklahoma (Stillwater area). The hail was golfball to baseball in size. It completely destroyed the AC covers, but did ZERO damage to the roof, fiberglass, or windows.

Was I lucky? Probably so. Was I fortunate to have a Doubletree product? You bet! Sorry to say, my neighbors weren't as fortunate.

I can live with the little bit of damage caused to the skylight, roof vent, and other areas. Structurally, it's a sound as it can be. WOW!

Check out the photos -
http://picasaweb.google.com/cptxguys.rv/20080402RVHailDamage

bstark
04-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear of and see the pics of your damaged rig :shock: but gadzooks, at least all of the ruined things are removable and replacable. Whew! RV'ing, it's not just a lifestyle it's an adventure! :lol:

BobW
04-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Cool photos. I would love to see the photos of the other guys rigs.

billr
04-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for posting the pics! Your right about how it held up. Sorry you had the damage, but glad it wasn't worse.

Bill