PDA

View Full Version : Order of slides coming in...

SuiteWheels
03-30-2008, 02:45 PM
I know this has been discussed and I've tried using the "search" but it will not pull the thread up!
I forgot to make a note of the order most of you use to pulliing slides in and then puttiing them out....seemed there was a certain order to follow.

Getting ready to take 5er to Sunshine RV in AZ to fix a couple of thing while our warranty is still in effect....would appreciate some response on this as we've only pulled this one time and it's been months and my memory is not recalling the order! :lol:

Thanks.

jdwilson3
03-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Closing: Dinette (door side) Kitchen (road side) then Bedroom.

Opening: Reverse order

RGordon
03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
It makes no difference on my 07 38RL3 which one I let out first nor last. They corrected that problem but do not know which year it took affect. I have read where you start from the fartherest slide and work your way to the front and when pulling them back in just the reverse.

2blackdogs
03-30-2008, 10:31 PM
After I bring in all my slides and raise the front landing gear, my door side slide pops out on the bottom about an inch or so.
All I do is go back inside and bring it back in but it is a PITA. I will wait till I go by the factory and have them bleed the air. (I think thats what is doing it?)
Bob

sigo'suite
03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
I too have found that it makes no difference which order I retract them. Everything seems to stay in place, though I always go back and hit the bedroom slide one last time before I leave the coach, since that is usually the one I retract first.
Upon setting up and extending the outriggers, usually one slideout on the driver's side will be slightly extended

Motor31
03-31-2008, 09:03 AM
What I was told over a year ago by a tech that does lippert work was to use the system that is farthest to the pump first on retraction. That is real stabilizers first, door slide, kitchen slide then bedroom. On our rig we still have to "tweak" the slides closed once the main jacks come up. One or both of the main slides will crack open a bit. So far the bleeding action that this procedure is supposed to accomplish has not happened in almost 2 years. At this time we are also having to use a secondary means of keeping the main jacks up while traveling. Lippert refused to give me additional info about bleeding the system when I contacted them by phone.

Ridge Runner
03-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Fortunately, we have not had a problem with the hydraulics on our unit. However, I have had several tractors with hydraulic buckets, backhoes, etc. I never had a problem with air in the lines with any of them. I have had to replace several hydraulic lines that were damaged. All I had to do was remove the old line, put on a new one and fill the hydraulic reservoir with hydraulic oil. The first time the equipment was used after replacing the line (for example, the first time the bucket was raised), I could tell there was air in the line because the hydraulics would not operate smoothly (kind of jerky). But after the bucket was raised a couple of times it would be as smooth as ever. I guess the system was self bleeding. You would think that the hydraulics on our campers would be designed the same way. Also, if you parked a tractor with the bucket in the air (not resting on the ground) and over time the bucket got lower to the ground, then the hydraulic cyclinders needed new seals. Whenever that happened, I would remove the cylinders and take them to a hydraulic shop and have them rebuilt. It has been 3 to 5 years since I had one rebuilt, but it used to cost about $75. My guess is that if when you move one slide and it causes another slide to open there is something wrong with the valve for the slide that opened unintentionally. My recommendation would be to find a good hydraulic shop to help you find the source of the problem and come up with a fix. It sounds like Lippert is either unable or unwilling to fix the problem.

Gemstone
04-02-2008, 12:43 PM
"I know this has been discussed and I've tried using the "search" but it will not pull the thread up! "

The reason a lot of "searches" are turning up nothing is that the Mobile Suites/Doubletree file has been cleaned out. We had over 10,000 posts in the file, now we down to 3900.....a lot of good information has been deleted by the forum administration folks for some reason.

Regards
Gemstone

Okie
04-03-2008, 09:00 AM
There is only so much room on the hard drives that store and make the info available for search. I have see hard drives that are close to full go really buggy and would have to be cleaned out. Also there is the possibility of a failure of the drives and then you have to try to salvage what ever you can if you can. All of these thing cost and it ain't cheap. So far I haven't heard of any expence to anyone on line. I think the Admin folks are doing a fine job and hope they can keep it up.

Okie

Motor31
04-04-2008, 08:37 AM
FWIW I went back to look for some info on day night shades. I found it without too much trouble just scanning back in the board. The search function did not find the posts about the shade info.

I also found out that the files only go back to March 2007 except for a few polls. That may be the date the last posts were made on those threads so there is still some good info left here. Perhaps the mod saved the other pages someplace else.