View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 AM  
Motor31

Top brands for fulltiming are getting limited. New horizons, excell, carriage are probably at the top of the list.

Of course the majority of posts here are all about the DRV or mobile suites. I have had one of them for going on 5 years now. I would not want to be staying in Ohio in the winter in it and I had the extra insulation package installed with the dual pane windows. Several owners indicate they have no trouble but I am unimpressed with single wiper seals and then cutting notches in the largest slide seal underneath for roller clearance. That allows free air flow into the unit. I have been in temps down to the teens in this unit and it was chilly with the furnace cycling very frequently even though I stuffed rags in the air flow vents in the seal and used another foam strip for additional air blocking. I have what was then (05) the top of the line 38' rig.

There are a lot of cheerleaders for the brand but you should look over the DRV thread and see some of the recurring problems they have.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote