Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
RonS

Water Pump

We seldom use the water pump, however we did use it for a two week dry camp trip. It may just be my imagination but I think its is getting louder with each use. It is working great, other than the noise, and my wife also thinks it is getting louder. I checked to see if any of the lines were vibrating on something but could not detect the cause. I have not changed the filter for a few months, will do so and see if it helps. Anyone have any other ideas?? Thanks!

RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
jdwilson3

Water pump

Ron, check to see if the water line (blue Plex) coming off the inlet side of the filter housing is rubbing/hitting against the propane copper tube going across to the furnace. The location may be right at the front corner of the plywood "floor" in front of the water pump, about 6 inches outboard of the main water filter housing.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
rotaxman

Water pump

Ron

I don't know what model you have but on our 06 36TK3 our pump was loud when we took delivery and continuted to get louder as time passed. I finally got tired of it and started tracking it down. I decided to put pipe insulation on all fo the pipes.

Where I found all of my noise coming from was where the pipes hooked up to the shower faucets. They cut the pex lines just a little short which allowed them to lay against the shower enclosure and rattle like hell. I repositioned them the best I could they are secured with a plastic tie wrap wrapped around the pluming. Sloppy workmanship common to this coach. I also put pipe insulation around the pipes and you can hardly hear the pump run now.

You can gain access to these pipe through the panels inside the pantry there are a couple of access plates remove the screws and you will see the plumbing easily.

I also placed a mouse pad under the pump and reattached the pump to the plywood.

Hope this is of some help

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
RonS

Thanks for the advice, I will try the same. We also have the 2006 36TK3 #2473. Does your Living Room AC also rattle? Cant hear the rattle when inside but outside it is BAD.

Thanks Ron
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
rotaxman

A/C

Ron

No my living room A/C does not rattle inside or out. Although I think my living room A/C is on a crash course. It has not been keeping up as good as it did 2 weeks ago so I think something is about to happen.

I'm not much of a Dometic man I'm pretty sure my next trailer will not have Dometic anything.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750