Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
FACTORY GENERATOR PREP

IS THE FACTORY GENERATOR PREP ADEQUATE SPACE FOR A HONDA 3000 TO FIT IN THERE...IS TOO BIG ie: WASTED SPACED? I'M JUST TRYING TO PICTURE THIS . WE HAVE ORDERED GENERATOR PREP AND SOLAR PREP WITH THE XANTREX...I GUESS THAT TAKES A LOT OF SPACE. THANKS, CYNDY

EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
billr

The genny prep box is quite a bit bigger than what mine ended up being for the Honda 3000. It does come with all the elec connections and safety disconnect so you can hook up the Honda direct (plug adaptor to the wired box) and you can get a remote start for it and use it from inside. I don't have all that without the genny prep, just plug in my trailer cord to the Honda.

The box is just sitting in the compartment, so making it smaller may be an option once you get it home.

The slider if from Quickie Slide. The install required raising the floor height about 3/4" so the slider cleared the lower door opening, also had to extend the slider mounts aft to reach a main beam for mounting. Added some alluminum angle under floor for support where there is nothing but plywood. All in all not too hard to do.

Cheers,
Bill

05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
berghild

THANK YOU!!!! THAT HELPED A LOT! FOr now, we will just keep the Honda 2000 that we already have and just use it to charge batteries and run stuff without the AC. Probably we will have to get the 3000 before long though.
i am ready to go to Indiana right now...this laying awake at night is getting to me...every night I think of something else.
thanx, Cyndy
ETC
Old 05-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #4
billr

Cyndy,

If it was my choice, I'd stick with the Honda 2000 you already have and add a second one down the road with a parrallel kit. You get more output then the 3000, the ability of haveing a backup unit if one dies, they are not much louder with both running and are a lot lighter to move around. You could just store them and the gas inside the genny compartment or even add the slide out and run them like I do the 3000. Only drawback is the pull start, but that is not too bad at all. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
berghild

yes we are kind of thinking about that too... it is nice to have that remote start when it's rainy or a morning when there is a cold snap and we want to fire up the micro... especially when Howard gives me that "is that really necessary look" , when he doesn't to be the one to freeze his tush firing the thing up! We will have to see how we feel about it as we go along...also the 3000runs longer without having to refill...although I did see a hook-up for extended running somewhere. we shall see....i'm not in a big hurry to part with my trusted 2000! cyndy
ETC