Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
Dog Woman

Burglar picked our lock while we were inside

Soundly sleeping in one Saturday and someone, in full daylight of 8:00 am, picked our lock. Our deadbolt was locked. I thought it was my hubby who typically gets up earlier than me and I called out "Good morning" and then I heard the door close quietly. Did not discover he wasn't up early until I was wide awake and he was still in bed. Could not believe it. Then I got scared that someone had actually broken into our rig while we were in bed! Good thing this person was not a serial killer or something like that! Has anyone else had this happen to them? We thought someone must have had a master key, but discovered scratches and evidence someone had jimmed the lock. Hubby and I have talked & talked about this subject, but he says there is no way to protect yourself from someone so bold that would pick a lock in broad daylight. I suggested adding a sliding-chain type lock you see people add on apartment entry doors. What would you do?
2005 MS 31RS3 #1824
1996 F350 Heavy-Duty Diesel Crew Cab
Manual 5-speed, ZF5 transmission
AMSOIL synthetic oil products dealer
(ZO dealer#1079963)
Dog Woman is offline   Reply With Quote