Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
DonL

Send a message via AIM to DonL
New Tradition 360RSS owner.

Hi All

Just purchased a 2014 Tradition 360RSS along with a new Chevy 3500 crew cab 4x4 diesel.
I have been somewhat surprised by the lack of contact from DRV. No response to my email questions. The only actnowledgement from them was to drum up business for them, with free stuff! Chevy has been all over me with thanks for purchase and dealer has called just to fine out how things are going with my truck.
Love the trailer but is this typical of DRV?

Don

DonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Gemstone

Welcome....always good to see new posters....

"is this typical of DRV?"....IMO...seems like it depends....on what no one knows....but if it's a service issue you are asking about, be persistent. If you are seeking general info, or a "thanks for your business", your best bet is the dealer network.

Regards
Gemstone

Old 08-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
Motor31

DRV expects the experience with their product to be based on the dealer. The factory really hasn't got any plan to make you feel good after the fact. They already got your money and that was their primary interest. They want you to maintain contact with the dealer and resolve any issues through them or an authorized warranty service. Based on my experience with dealers.....good luck. I hope you have one of the good ones in regards to service. It's either that or be prepared to travel to the Goshen area to deal with on of the service companies started by former DRV employees to make a living fixing their product. They are doing very well too so plan on booking well in advance to get assistance.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
hitchup

We're in the group that prefers not to deal with the annoying calls or emails with follow-ups after the sale. Our last dealer still keeps sending us letters for their annual Rally's. But they are no longer a DRV dealer. Which ironically, neither is the dealer we used for our first DRV.

Now if it's been a service problem, we usually get a quick email response from warranty dept.

Just remember during the first year, warranty for new units, Go direct to the Mfg of the item that is causing problems. That's why it's important to have your manuals handy. After the first year, DRV will help with almost any question and most of the repairs can be taken care of even by non-DRV dealers or Mobile Techs.

For parts or custom add on's that we usually do aftermarket, the factory has been outstanding.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
DonL

Send a message via AIM to DonL
Thanks

We have only had one weekend trip so far. Spent a few nights in the trailer at the house. We have first service apt next week to fix a few things. Home Stereo will be replaced, over heats, DRV sent a new one. Cabin door sticks, the panel for the jacks comes unclipped from the housing and the big one the inverter stopped working. It has a residential fridg. and we were dry camping, first time in years, so that was a pain. I guess we will see how dealer service is.
I will say the fit and finish is very nice.
Looking forward to being a long time member on this forum.

Don & Carol
DonL is offline   Reply With Quote