Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
traveler

Hydraulics

After more than 2 months of chasing a problem, all concerned have given up. Bummer.

The basic problem: the left landing leg falls about 4 inches when retracted and the TK3 is on the hitch.

After changing the left cylinder , checking the right cylinder , changing various valves (all under the step-by-step direction of Lippert and DoubleTree), the problem remains. And all appear to have surrendered. To the credit of the RV place, they have hung in throughout all of this battle. There have been numerous conference calls among the parties.

Here is more. The left leg drops about 4 inches, but if you grab it after a drop (say 2 inches) and prevent further drop, the residual drop occurs in the other leg. You have 4 inches to distribute however you want among the 2 legs!

We think that if you manually prevent any leg drop at all, the mystery 4 inches does not show up in a slide. This is being checked as I write.

The collective decison is to pin the landing legs up when in the retracted position.

If this works, it is ok with me, but gee whiz it would seem that those who have a hand in using Lippert systems in their RVs, or making or supplying systems for a $60K RV would exhibit a little more committment in working though the problem.

The landing legs always hold up the RV, no matter what. It is only when the legs are retracted that they begin to fall.

I have had zero problems with the hydraulics for three years. This issue appeared about 3 months ago.

If any of you have a magic answer, let me know.

I am tempted to have the RV place rip out all of the hydraulics and replace everything. So far, everything has been handled via warranty.

I am in the process of writing letters ot Lippert and Doubletree to explore this option.
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote