Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
suitediver

Blow Out

Had right front tire of 5er blow out yesterday just north of Austin on I35. Tire is is shreds. Fender is black and damaged, possible damage to Trailair airbag and who knows what other damage we have incurred. Will take to dealer on Friday for evaluation of damage and order parts to repair. Saw on SOITC forum of others with same problem and Goodyear paying for repairs. DH will contact Goodyear.

Good news is no bodily injuries.!! But sitting on I35 with 18 wheeler blowing by could sure make someone car sick with the rocking they cause.

Great Rally.!! We sure enjoyed ourselves and meeting so many nice folks and getting to put faces with names on the forum. Can't wait till next year.

Bobbie

suitediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
rotaxman

Tires

Bobbie and Bill

Certainly glad to hear no one was hurt. Do you have the 16in tires or the 17.5. Also do you know what your trailer weighs and if so what does it weigh.

Again glad to hear no one was hurt it is a real pain though to have your trailer tore up.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
RonS

After reading your post, I thought I should check my spare, just to make sure it had some air. To my surprise I found that my spare will not work on my 2006 36TK3 as its a 16" tire and rim, and I have the 17.5. Another call to DoubleTree in the morning. All with the larger tires may want to check to see what you have for a spare.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
bstark

Bill: Sorry to hear about your episode. When mine went, it whacked the dickens out of the hydraulic brake lines as well so after straightening them out, I ran the pump up to full pressure to see if there were any leaks.

The black marks will come off with some "Awesome" or other cleaner but so will the wax job so you get to have quality time polishing.

The threads have discussed at length sending the carcass back to Goodyear (they pay the shipping apparantly) or processing your claim through an authorized dealer. They also seem to suggest that this procedure goes fairly smoothly through Goodyear with them picking up the tab for any repairs to coach.

Best wishes for a speedy resolution and putting this into the background.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
suitediver

Blow Out

Bill got call back from Goodyear. They gave us a number and said to have Camping World replace tire and for CW to call GY while we are there with an estimate of repairs. Things are looking up. Will keep y'all posted.
Bobbie
suitediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
billr

Wow Bill and Bobbie, thats a bad deal for sure. Hope the damage was minimal. Glad you guys are ok. Know what you mean about the trucks whizzing by!!

Not to alarm you, but as a precaution, you may want to ask Goodyear about replacing the other tire on the same side since it carried the whole load when the one blew. It can damage them and it could be the next one.

Take care,

Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:47 AM   #7
Motor31

Sorry you had a blow out. FWIW, when ours blew on our old rig GY stood by the tire and paid for the repairs without a fuss. It didn't happen overnight but the customer support folks at the main office were good about answering questions and checking on the stsatus of the claim.

This is a good time for anyone who has a GY failure. Save the carcass of the old tire and contact GY either direct to the customer support number (available on their web site) or through a dealer. The dealer must help you start the claim and send the tire to the manufacturer location for the claim to be processed.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote