Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
osiebosie

We have a small mystery. Pics further down.

Please scroll down a few posts and you'll see my pics.

Hey ya'll!

I know it's been a long, long while since I've been here. Lots of stuff has been going on, most important being that George and I are new grandparents!!!

I didn't know that having a pregnant daughter caused you to stop rv'ing, but near the last months, it does. And when that baby boy got here, well, you couldn't have beat us away with a hockey stick. (Still can't!) Our new grandson, who's name is Temple, lives a mile and a half away from us, so we have gotten very addicted to him. The pregnancy was fine, but she was huge, and we dared not leave for fear she would go into labor. She didn't, and we could have, but we didn't, and in the end Temple ended up weighing 9 pounds 10 ounces at birth. So you can imagine how big BJ was. At the end of every day we just shook our heads in wonder when she didn't go into labor.

Anyway, we finally got the rig out this past weekend. Boy, it felt good! Katie Mae and Broadway were finally going to get our full attention on them and not have it shared with Temple. They were excited, too!!

We had had the MS winterized right up until the end of June. Oh well. Everything looked good, except that George had to change out the water heater element. It's working fine now.

The odd thing and what I am hoping I can get some advice on is this: in the living room, between the tv and window there's a narrow strip of wall. In this area there are many, many sharp bumps. It looks like small nails have been hammered in from the opposite side, except that they are all over the place and in no particular form. Whatever it is has not punctured the wallpaper, but it is sharp and feels like it could. George looked for a leak, but couldn't find where it may have leaked. While we had it out over the weekend, it rained big time, poured, and the wall stayed dry. So we are not sure what is going on.

Any clue? And how to repair it??

Other than that, the MS held up well for being winterized through the end of June. We have a mouse, soon to be dead. And dead lady bugs. Lots and lots of them. But otherwise, all was well with the Covered Wagon.

It's good to be back here. We are planning on going to the Eastern meeting this September. We missed the biggie last year.

Sharon (Grammy)

SOITC Charter Member #2211
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites
2005 Chevy Silverado Diesel 3500 1-ton dually Allison Transmission
2 gorgeous dogs: Katie Mae and Broadway

and now... A Handsome New Grandson, Temple, born 3/26/2007 and weighing in at 9 lbs 10 ozs!!
osiebosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
rotaxman

Wall

Sharon and George

Glad to hear you are still around. I was just thinking about you a couple of weeks ago and was going to post and see if you were still alive. You know how it is something else got my attention and I forgot this getting old is no good. I'm also trying to get on the road to Idaho but it's taking much longer than I expected everything has went wrong.

Sorry for the hijack can't imagine whats going on with your wall but I would guess someone on this forum will know.

Glad to see your back good luck with your problem.

Congrats on the grandson. Joyce is going to Atlanta in August for the birth of her second grandaughter.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
osiebosie

Hey Jerry. Yeah, sometimes life just gets in the way, whether good or bad. I had planned on getting online yesterday at work and checking in (on a faster computer) but it just did not happen. Oh well.

Anyway, glad ya'll are doing well, and congrats on the second. I am already asking about my second gc, but BJ is telling me it just ain't gonna happen for a while. Darn.

We have no idea what's going on with the wall. It's the wierdest thing. I may post my question again under a different title.

I guess eventually we'll call the factory and see what they can tell us, but I wanted to check here first.

See ya,

Sharon
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites

and now... A Handsome New Grandson, Temple, born 3/26/2007 and weighing in at 9 lbs 10 ozs!!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
keithandpenne

Wall Problem

Could you post a picture of it?
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
osiebosie

Oh my gosh.

I'll try. I don't have a pic, but I'll get my camera and take one, and then I'll have to play with this computer and see what I can do. I an NOT computer literate, and always have trouble with doing things much beyond typing.

I've already thought that a pic would say a thousand words, but the thought of computerizing it freaks me out. Keithandpenne, you are making me face my worst fear...

I just KNEW someone would ask for a picture.

Sharon
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites

Old 07-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
bstark

Sharon: Welcome to my world. I just went through the same thing about a week ago with trying to upload a correctly sized pic to a thread about carrying bicycles. Gad, what a humbling experience to see your pic materialize about the size of King Kong!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
osiebosie

Bruce,

I gotcha! I've taken the pics, and here goes. Let's see what even happens, and worry about the size of them later.

Sharon

Sorry, it's not going to happen now. I have the pics on my computer, but CANNOT figure out how to get them from Kodak to here. When my s-i-l gets here, I'll ask him.

Frustrated,

Sharon
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites

Old 07-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
osiebosie

S-i-l's here.

Gonna try again.
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites

Old 07-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
osiebosie

Heres the pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0442_618.jpg (64.6 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0443_162.jpg (106.2 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0444_354.jpg (98.4 KB, 238 views)
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites

Old 07-04-2007, 07:43 PM   #10
osiebosie

Okay, so my son-in-law got the pics here, and they are a little big, but now you see what we have.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Sharon
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites

Old 07-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #11
Motor31

I don't believe those are nails. That looks like delamination of the wall covering and possibly mold growing between the wall and the wall paper. Is the wall soft anywhere around the bumps or above and below them? Has the carpet gotten damp below that area?

Look up on the roof and all the seems for cracks in the caulk or gaps where water could seep in. Since you have an 05 with an earlier serial number than ours I assume you are out of warranty at this time. Ours expires next month. Have you obtained an after market warranty?
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #12
osiebosie

Hey Mike.

I hope it's not mold. All of the bumps are pointy, sharp. Like nails, but I know all of the bumps are not nails. Or maybe like splinters. Maybe the wood is splintering??. But that would mean it got wet, and we cannot find where it got wet.

In fact, when we were in it last, it poured, and George looked for a leak and couldn't find one.

Stymied,

Sharon
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites

Old 07-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #13
rverdlm

Sharon, I had a couple of spots like that in my last trailer. That trailer never leaked (we lived in it so we would know). I have no idea what caused it, they never broke through, and they caused no other problems. My thought was that the product behind the surface we see is glued together in some way and the glue in a certain area is weeping out. Since yours sits in storage much of the time it probably gets very hot inside at times and this would make the situation worse.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #14
osiebosie

Thanks for your thoughts.

The really strange thing is that the bumps are pointy. Sharp. That makes me think that mold or glue wouldn't be the culprit, but I am no expert by any means.

I guess we'll call the factory. I was just sort of hoping, but not really, that someone else had had this happen and they knew what it was.

It's the ghost...

Sharon

2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites