Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
David Peck

Low Water Pressure

I have a 2010 DRV ES 38-RSSB3... During the last month or so my water pressure has been extremely low in my kitchen, bath, and shower. Outside water pressure at the spigot is 50 psi, yet my kitchen faucet as an example is at 0.4 g.p.m. Both my external spigot and internal SHURflo filters are relatively new and worked fine before the issue began... When first opening a faucet, the pressure is relatively strong, then within 10 - 15 seconds it dramatically drops to very low g.p.m... The same phenomena occurs whether I am on shore water or using my water pump / fresh water tank... Any ideas where I should troubleshoot?
David Peck

David Peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:26 AM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Check the check valve behind the service panel where the fresh water hose is connected. It may be going bad, or have some crud in it that is filling up the passageways soon after the water valve is opened.
It should be noticeable by use of a flashlight and looking behind the water manifold--just look for where the fresh water line is on the inside of where the hose is connected.
These valves can wear out, or get clogged with calcium--once you locate it, I would suggest that before purchasing another one (common item at RV store) that you take the old one with you for comparison, as there are many types of threads/fittings.
Or you can just remove the check valve and do without...
Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
Pvsaint

Water filter changed recently? Could reduce water flow if dirty.
Pvsaint is offline   Reply With Quote