Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
wwc

Another satellite question

Have a 2006 MS. Camping World has decent price on a King Flex portable satellite. If I run a coax from the King satellite to the coax on side of trailer marked for satellite, then it goes to the power amplifier. Now this is where I am confused. Can I configure this to keep the power amplifier, or do I have to completely bypass this and go straight to the king controller?
Thanks
wwc

wwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
wwc

After making the above post, I changed my search criteria and found the answers that I was looking for. Thanks
wwc

Old 12-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
golf_bears

Interesting question, so what's the answer?
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
wwc

LOL LOL The answer is that it is more complicated than I am going to mess with. My RVing is winding down, however we are going to take another trip from SC to the West coast, so I was considering a satellite dish. My idea of camping is with 50amps and both ACs running, so most all the campgrounds that we plan to stay in have at least a few channels of cable.
wwc
ps: I will say that the way I understood this satellite deal, is that my 06 MS has a satellite and cable hook up on outside, however they are tied together on the inside with one cable running to the amplifier. Now that may not be l00 percent correct, just how I understood it. If I used the satellite dish, then I was going to have to completely bypass the amplifier and then I would not have had a signal to the bedroom tv. Now I understand that all of this has and can be done, it is just not something that I care to undertake at this time.