Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
louwho99

MS 2008 38RLSB3 measurement question

I'm interested in purchasing a 2008 MS 38RLSB3. I'm wondering if a recliner that I currently have will fit in place of one of the recliners that comes w/the MS. My recliner measures 45" front to back. When the 2 slides are pulled in, would there be enough room for my recliner? I'm sure my recliner has a slightly bigger "footprint" than the standard recliners in the MS, but I'm hoping I can squeeze it in. I'd greatly appreciate hearing from someone who has this floorplan.
I wish I could measure this myself, but there are no MS's with this floorplan anywhere near me. Thanks for your help!!

Louwho

louwho99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
GlennWest

If that floor plan has an island I believe it will make contact with island before closing. I know it would on mine and ours is near the same width.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
louwho99

This floorplan has the rear den, and the recliners sit directly across from the fireplace/entertainment center. So I'm wondering when the slides are pulled in, if there's still a bit of open floor space in that den area between the slides. If there is some open floor space, I'm hoping that will allow my chair to fit.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
terry and jo

Lou,

I think you would have more of an issue of the front of the recliner being off of the edge of the door-side slide's floor, which might interfere with the operation of the slide. Also, there is the issue that if your recliner is not a "wall-a-way" type recliner, you would have to pull the chair out into the middle of the room to be able to recline.

If the 38RLSB3 is the one with the sliding door between the kitchen and the rear living area, then I have some pictures of that model. At one time, we were considering that model ourselves. In the pictues it appears that you might have the clearance for your chair so long as it is in the door-side slide and not in the rear.

I don't know if you've seen the unit yourself, but if you are interested in seeing the photos that I took of the model we checked out, send me your e-mail address via the private message feature of the forum and I'll e-mail them to you.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
Motor31

We have 2 recliners in place of the sofa in our 2005 38' rig. They are swivel rocker recliners. We turn them sideways before retractng the slides and it gives us clearance. Check the width of the recliner and see if it will fit that way.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
FritzandCheryl

I would not worry about the length but the width. We have two lazyboys and their widths are: 32" for my wife and 36" for mine. We also put them sideways back to back with about 4-6 inches apart and that leaves plenty of room for the slides. Ours sit right across from the fireplace also.

Fritz :D
FritzandCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #7
louwho99

Thanks, everyone, I really appreciate the feedback!