Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
audreyg

Adjusting slide

I have had my 36TKSB3 to 2 dealers trying to get the slides adjusted properly. So far no luck. Now I am ready to try myself. Does anybody know how to adjust the bedroom slide so the rear side of the slide is flush when it is fully out? It is about 1/2" from being flush. I just had it adjusted for the front being not flush when fully in. Now that is good but the rear is now out of wack. Thanks.

2010 36TKSB3 #5245
2007 GMC 3500 classic D/A
Southern Maryland
audreyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
BlueSkyRanch

This is an issue with some 2010 models. The BR Slide is different from the door and off-door living area slides. The BR slide has one hydraulic line that serves two rams. I would recommend you talk with DRV about the best way to proceed. When out of alignment I have seen the rear ram assembly pull apart from the slide. Then the floor under the washer needs to be reinforced. If it were my rig I would go to the factory.

Good luck.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
terry and jo

Steve is giving you good advice. Due to the bedroom slide having one line feed two different hydraulic cylinders, they use what they refer to as a "flow diverter" to operate both at once.

Some time back, there was a discussion about the correct order in which to operate the slides to help eliminate air pockets in the hydraulics. One of the company reps informed me that when operating the bedroom slide ON SIDE BATHROOM units, that the slide needs to be run in or out all the way without stopping.

According to what they told us, the flow diverter can be messed up if one stops mid-way in the operation of the bedroom slide.

I'll try to find that forum thread where the discussion occurred about the order of the operation of the slides.

EDIT: OK. I found the thread regarding slide operation sequence. It is a lengthy one with the sequence being mentioned on one of the later pages. It is at the Suites Owners International Travel Club (SOITC) website. Here is the link to that thread:

http://www.suitesowners.com/forums/s...c-Landing-Legs

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
audreyg

The problem is that my selling dealer did not know squat about the slide operation. They tried numerous times to adjust them and wound up doing more damage than they fixed. I was talking to Tom Peck at DRV the whole time this was going on (months). After the last time I refused to take it back to them and DRV paid another dealer to fix the selling dealers damage and adjust the slide. Well when I got it home I noticed the bedroom slide still was not right. I immediately called the dealer and told them about the problem. At this time the unit was still under warranty. I made an appointment for 2 months later since I would be in the area camping. This dealer is 5 hrs. away. I took it there on 6/10/11. All looked good from the outside where the problem was however, after I left and got to the next stop I noticed the bedroom slide wasn't flush on the inside. I should note here that I had to pay the bill since the unit is now out of warranty. I believed DRV was going to pay for this since it was an ongoing issue since I bought the unit, my mistake. All along I wanted the unit returned to DRV for repair but Tom insisted I give the selling dealer 1 more chance to fix it. Another mistake on my part. So here I sit with a unit out of warranty and after numerous attempts of 2 dealers the slide is still not right.
2010 36TKSB3 #5245
2007 GMC 3500 classic D/A
Southern Maryland
audreyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
Cheif 2

I would insist on the factory addressing the problem in Indiana. That is the only chance you have of getting it done correctly. Unfortunately, you have to make the trip. I had our unit in for some work last September and they did a great job.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
rotaxman

Paul Cross

Audreyg

Take it to Paul Cross at Indiana Interstate Enterprise if it can be fixed Paul will fix it.

Pob 242
1696 East 025 North
Lagrange In 46761
1-260-463-8100

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry

2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex