Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #21
Jimfla

I have holiday ramblers avions newmar and 2 mobile suites they have all had some kind of problem all corected in the first year drv service was the best to deal with. If you think you are going to buy a Newhorizon and not have any problems not likley . I have had my 2011 for almost 2 months few minor problems loose fitting at shower adj cab doors just minor thing like that rember they all have service departments

Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 AM   #22
john

QC

I agree with Gemstone....I want to know about the problems folks have with their unit....All you get from dealers and Mfg are how great they are....
It's a shame that QC is so poor in the RV industries. Don't folks have pride in their work anymore?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 AM   #23
hitchup

Here's another point of view.

We FTed in a 2006 Elite 36TK3 for 2 1/2 yrs. One of the first in production, very nice, got it for way under 6 figures and loved it. But with floorplan issues and new extra features available, we decided it would eventually need to be replaced for a different plan.

I did a spreadsheet of pros and cons to first upgrade the 2006 and then compare new MS to a new ES. It wasn't too hard of a decision to switch to a Mobile Suite with some Customizations, especially since we were able to change a 38TKSB3 into a 38RSSB3, which wasn't available in 2008. We got a much better floorplan that works for us at a MUCH lower price than the Elite totaled. The finishes are just as good as the Elite. And I don't miss my granite countertops at all.

We toured a few New Horizons at the 2007 Hershey Show. Back then, DRV and Tetons were much nicer, wider and had better cabinetry. And funny thing DRV always came in at the lowest price of the 5 major mfgers, including Carriage Royals and Newmar. So that's why after touring the DRV factory in 2008, we ordered a new one.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 AM   #24
Okie

why do we go to these forum anyway?? It is to talk about our problems and in most all cases we get the help we need to take care of them and for those that haven't had these problems yet can look out for them. I hear so many people talking about other people complaining about their rigs. I don't really think they are complaining about the rig, more about the problem. I have had my share of problems with mine but I haven't seen a rig new or old that I would trade for mine. Let's remember what we come to these forums for.

Okie
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #25
bstark

Greg; something you said made my ears perk up "Triumph club". I have a history involving years of those bikes back to a 1958 TR6-C 650 with the high pipes and a rare "slick-shift" tranny and multiple TR6's & Bonnevilles to follow, even campaigned a "Triton" (Norton featherbed frame with Ciarianni inverted forks and a Bonneville engine done to the n**s) for a couple of years. Now let me just say this; if you have the skill sets to keep one of those babies running in prime form you'll find these things to be a piece of cake.

They ALL have their warts and from owning a couple of trailers, this one since new in 05 I'm here to tell ya, factory support or the likes of Paul Cross & Interstate Enterprises would lead me to say there isn't anything that can't be fixed on these units.

Most of the issues people have had upon taking delivery are the stuff already mentioned that five minutes and 7 or 8 cuss words will produce satisfactory results.