Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
RonS

TrailAir side to side levelers

Has anyone with phase 2 side to side ever used them to change a tire?? I want to rotate my tires as one is showing a little wear. I am thinking just to X all 4 of the 17.5 tires. I have about 22K on them now, they look good so want to get another year out of them. My plan is to leave trailer hooked to truck raise one side and remove one tire. Then go to other side raise and remove one tire and replace with the one I first took off. Then back to other side and put that tire on etc What kind of trouble am I getting myself into??

06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
gypsybill

I had a bubble on a new GY and changed it by raising the side the tire was on just high enough to get it off using the levelers... no ill affects from doing so... did the same thing when GY sent me a new tire to replace the bubbled one...

2010 DRV MS 36RSSB3 #5073
gypsybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
47hook

I've raised the trailer off the ground with the stage II system to check brakes and bearings. If I were to change out tires I think I would rather have jack stands than having it hooked to the TV and just lifting one side at a time. You may put the hitch in a bind when jacking one side up and the other not. If you think about it, you unhook the TV and maybe just have the front landing gear holding up the 3-4K pin weight and don't even worry about it. I know, some have had leak downs, but that was because of problems, not because of design capabilities. Soooo, I'd just lift up the trailer and have at it. Probably do one axle at a time...
2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
RodeWorthy

Utilizing Level-Up to Change Wheel

This past winter while traveling I discovered a screw in one of my tires. Using the Level-Up I raised that side of the trailer without the truck attached to remove the wheel. I needed the truck to take the wheel to the local GY shop. No problem.

I feel safer using the Level-Up for this purpose than with any jack stands of a size I could carry. That feature was a big factor in my decison to get the after-market install of the Level-Up.

I have Phase III - Phase II with remote. The landing gear cylinders will float when lifting one side to avoid frame twisting.

BTW the screw was about 1/4" long and not a problem. It was a false alarm but I feel good about having gone through the exercise. An adaptor I was using was too light to remove the lug nuts and it broke. Got the proper socket so I am ready for the next time. I have 36" 3/4 drive breaker bar and need every bit of it to break the nuts loose.

Hope this helps.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
sr

I had all 4 tires replaced and raised the unit up with all 4 jacks down. Left the unit hooked up to the truck. No problems. As a matter of fact Trailair raised the unit up on all four jacks and lowered the axels on the trailer. No problems. I would raise each side a little at a time until all wheels are off the ground.
2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
Trailair Auto Level Up with Remote
Lippert Under Chassis Storage
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
Rearview Camera, Water Softner
New Palestine, Indiana :)
sr is offline   Reply With Quote