Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Jim1941

Please I Need Help!

For the last three days there has been a loud beep somewhere in the kitchen.I have unpluged the Microwave,turned off the fridge,pulled the fuse for the CO detecter and taken down the smoke detc.About every five minutes one beep.Hasn'tdone it in the AM but in the PM for about three hours then stops(hope it does today)Wife and I have tried to pinpoint it but with no luck.Please any answers?Jim

Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
BobW

Re: Please I Need Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1941
For the last three days there has been a loud beep somewhere in the kitchen.I have unpluged the Microwave,turned off the fridge,pulled the fuse for the CO detecter and taken down the smoke detc.About every five minutes one beep.Hasn'tdone it in the AM but in the PM for about three hours then stops(hope it does today)Wife and I have tried to pinpoint it but with no luck.Please any answers?Jim
Well it is one of the detectors. Happened to me. I think there is four in your rig. The one that beeped for me was the one above the sliding door. Look around. It needs a new battery.

2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
rdunk

Jim, these detectors can be a problem. The one I had the most problem determining what was beeping turned out to be the smoke detector. But, you said you heve the beep even with the smoke detector taken down, so that must not be it.

On our RE3, the carbon monoxide detector is mounted on the stair wall, under the climate control box. A feature of this detector also monitors the 12v power. If the 12v power is low, the box will beep every 60 seconds, as is indicated on the face of the box. Have you checked your batteries lately??

I am not aware of any other systems on the MS that beep, than those that have been mentioned

Good luck!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
Okie

I had a problem that was like yours. I would get a set of beeps that could almost be timed daily for just a couple of seconds. Then after the trailer was parked in the driveway for about a week we went out to load up the fridge for a trip up north to Nebraska. When we opened the fridge door the interior light would flash on dimly and the CO would beep and knock out the fridge light and when the beep stopped the light would come back on. Beep...flash...beep ....flash and so on until I closed the door of the fridge. Long story short, the batteries were dead. Replaced them and all is well.

Okie
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
Motor31

Have you isolated the propane leak detector? Ours went out after only 2 years and had to be replaced.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote