Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
rjttam

Where are all the Hitchhiker owners???

Are all the Hitchhiker owners so happy with their units that they don't bother with the Forums? I have owned two Premiers in the past and loved them both. I now own a 2006 Mobile Suites, 36' RE3 that I would happily trade for Champagne Edition with the same options. rjttam

need be.
rjttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #2
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
rjttam,
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly don't you like about your new Suite that makes you wish you had another Hitchhiker? I do like the Hitchhikers, especially the Champagn Edition, but I don't care for the fact that most Hitchhiker models have an all-in-one room bath setup. I prefer the commode in it's own room.

Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
rjttam

Problems galore....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingCaptain
rjttam,
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly don't you like about your new Suite that makes you wish you had another Hitchhiker? I do like the Hitchhikers, especially the Champagn Edition, but I don't care for the fact that most Hitchhiker models have an all-in-one room bath setup. I prefer the commode in it's own room.
We have had about eight major problems and just as many little problems. Some I have fixed myself other had to have Service Centers do the repairs. All in the first six months of ownership. I like most things about the MS if they wouldn't fall apart. I have owned 14 RVs over the years and this one has given me, by far, the most headaches. I hold my breath everytime I run the hydraulic system, wondering if the rooms will come in or stay out. Maybe all the problems will be behind us now, let's hope so. Take a look at the HH Champagne 35CKQJ, I think you would like that bath arrangement. I'm with you on the commode location. If you want details on the problems, I can give them to you. Matt
need be.
rjttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:41 AM   #4
The Mad Norsky

Where ARE all the other brand owners?

I would not hold my breath waiting for owners of brands other than Mobile Suites to show up on this forum.

It seems beyond belief (and it REALLY IS ) that ONLY Mobile Suites owners have found this forum through their Internet browsing.

I do own a Hitchhiker, and browsed here a lot a few months back. I have gotten away from this forum on a regular basis, as it is no longer of any use to me.

If you check new posts every time you log in, (I have, just to see if anything new in a thread other than Mobile Suites has been added) you will see that it is just about 99% posting in the Mobile Suites area by Mobile Suites owners.

So, for owners of other brands, this forum is practically useless. Well, OK, it may give some a little general information. Something in or on a Mobile Suites may or may not apply to their brand of fifth wheel.

Sorry to say that this overwhelming Mobile Suites postings, with the other brands sitting almost vacant for activity, does give the impression that this is a manufacturers driven forum for Mobile Suites.

Besides, one must remember they (Mobile Suites) was the only manufacturer that did have an Ask the Factory posting area on here. It has since been removed, and was never used, but it should give you an idea of who or what is actually running the show around here.

Now watch this get deleted. I know I have not been politically correct here.
The Mad Norsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:09 AM   #5
hitchup

Suite owners just NEEDED a forum to compare features & issues. So a few started posting & telling others from other forums & you see the end result. There are other forums online that have even less activity. Seems like a dedicated forum is desired by everyone. We can find out if everyone is as happy or unhappy as we are....
We looked at the 2005 Hitchhikers before we went with a Pilgrim Open Road as or first fulltiming unit. But it didn't impress us. We had the opportunity to buy a Champagne, but it hadn't arrived at the dealer in FL & we didn't think it was the floorplan we needed. We were under a time crunch because we had to get out of our corporate apt we were in.
BTW: Suite owners now have their very own forum. But am sure this one won't die out because we all migrated there...
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
Nolan

Nu*Wa owners has a forum now that I hang out at. Haven't been to this one in a while, until a friend gave me sheet on the Goodyear tire information from here. You can go to the Nu*Wa factory website to find the forum.
2004 Harley Road King (hers)
2003 Kawaski Nomad (his)
https://community.webshots.com/user/2ontheroad
Full-timing since 10-9-04
Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
HighwayRanger

The NuWa owners forum (for owners and others) is located at Nuwaowners.org. It is a great forum (my favorite) full of friendly people who appreciate NuWa products. Everyone is welcome there (I don't own a HH product.) If you want to learn about the NuWa family, and to learn about the incredible loyalty of NuWa owners, check it out. The company does not control the forum at all, but the CEO does post responses often, which I appreciate.

Roy

2016 DRV 38RSB3, MorRyde IS and MorRyde Pin Box
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote