Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Stevencoles

Residential Fridge Issues

Anyone have a problem with the ice maker not working consistently and the drip pan overfilling on a whirlpool sided by side residential? If so, did you find a solution, repair guys tell us that not much they can do because they can't get at the unit due to the way it is built in.

Stevencoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Willym

Drip pan overflowing is usually a sign of too much moisture inside the fridge. Check see if your doors are closing and sealing properly. See if you can slide a piece of paper between the seal and the fridge - it should not slide easily. Also check that the centre flap is flipping over properly.
Regarding the ice maker - I've no experience with the units in residential fridges - you could Google the problem. I'd had success looking for ideas on other appliance issues.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:16 AM   #3
Dranoel

I have your fridge and had the same problem. Turned out to be a broken supply line at the lower rear of the unit accessible through the outside door. The slow leak filled the drip pan every day. The Whirlpool part was $30. Standard fridge water hose from the hardware store worked fine for $5. Easy fix.
Dranoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
MooseSuite

I suspect our fridge will start leaking soon or later what part did you replace for $30? Any outside freeze issues that may cause the part failure?

Make sure there is nothing blocking the cold air vent flow from the two vents back of the freezer. Centre back location. Block these and you will get fridge freeze issues.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
Dranoel

Moose, I declined the $30 part. It was a water line to icemaker. Used standard 1/4" water line. Worked fine with the couplings in the fridge. No freezes.
Dranoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #6
Stevencoles

Thanks Dranoel, confirmed the exact same problem with our fridge, this is truly a defect, calling whirlpool today as I'm still under warranty.

Stevencoles is offline   Reply With Quote