Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
The Spices

Good source for tires!

We are full-timers. This year we needed to replace the tires on both our truck and our 5th wheel trailer. We did the research and ended up purchasing tires from Big O. We bought our truck tires at their store in Great Falls, MT in May and the trailer tires at the Roseburg, OR store in November. We couldn’t be happier with their prices and their service! They were very accommodating. When they couldn’t get our trailer tires within a reasonable time-frame through normal channels, they found some for us at another distributor. The purchase includes tire repairs, rotation, etc. And, including their affiliated stores such as Tire Kingdom, they have coverage in almost every state in the country. We can highly recommend Big O – check them out when you need tires.

Former - 2010 MS 36RS3 w/ MorRyde IS and pinbox, Mag susp., Level Up plus a number of custom mods. 600 watt AM Solar
2012 F450 King Ranch with Classy Chassis hauler bed conversion, Trailsaver
The Spices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
2blackdogs

We also replaced all 10 tires a couple months ago. Big O's price was high on our 17.5" and 19.5". Ended up with same Goodyears on the trailer but switched from Michelin's to Continental's on the truck as I was unhappy with the sidewalls cracking. All the tires I replaced had maybe 80 -85 % tread left.

Trailer Saver hitch
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST
2blackdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
Army Guy

I used trailertiresandwheels.com for my rig. I ordered them on line and had delivered to a local FedEx office where I picked up. I was able to save quite a bit by doing this. I wanted tires that were manufactured no more than 90 days from date of order and told them I would not accept if were more. No problems there. When I need tires again, I will give them a chance to provide me with a quote.

Seeing the country we Defend.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Pvsaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy
I used trailertiresandwheels.com for my rig. I ordered them on line and had delivered to a local FedEx office where I picked up. I was able to save quite a bit by doing this. I wanted tires that were manufactured no more than 90 days from date of order and told them I would not accept if were more. No problems there. When I need tires again, I will give them a chance to provide me with a quote.
Re: trailertiresandwheels.com
I stopped by their store in Edon, OH and had six tires replaced on my toyhauler. They were great to do business with and very good on pricing. I'd recommend them.
Pvsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Cummins12V98

Ordered GY 17.5" H tires and Alcoa Wheels mounted and balanced from them. Scott is great to deal with.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
rjohnsonnm

Also got Alcoa wheels and Goodyear tires from www.trailertiresandwheels.com. Excellent to work with and a better price than Discount Tire or Big O.
Ron
2004 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #0925
2011 F-350 Lariat Diesel Longbed
Albuquerque, NM
rjohnsonnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
RickandJanice

Let me start by saying the I too have purchased 17.5" tires and aluminum wheels from trailertiresandwheels.com and am extremely happy with them and the service I received from the company. They also have the newest manufacturing date on tires you will purchase anywhere, since they are also a tire distributor, not just a store. They are also very customer service oriented and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

So I do not mean to start any argument or berate the aluminum wheels sold by trailertiresandwheels.com, but they are not Alcoa aluminum, they are made by firm named Alco and manufactured in China like just about all aluminum wheels are these days. I asked Scott about this before purchasing and he told me this up front and said they were still high grade and his company would stand behind any issues we might have. When the wheels arrived, there was a small sticker on each wheel that said Alco in blue print very similar to the old Alcoa emblem from the U.S. No issues but just make sure you are aware of what you are actually purchasing.
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
wingnut60
Site Team

The China origin is correct. I have had mine for 5 years and no issues.
Joe
It is not hard to figure out why the Chinese mfg calls it Alco.....
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #9
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
I also purchased those wheels about 5 years ago from them and have had zero issues, except the valve stem nuts loosened and that was not a fault of the wheels.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohnsonnm
Also got Alcoa wheels and Goodyear tires from www.trailertiresandwheels.com. Excellent to work with and a better price than Discount Tire or Big O.
Ron
I could not stand to put on more POS Chinese made wheels!

Old 11-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
JOHN EVANS

Im sorry but this country can continue to buy crap made in China. Buy American! Back in the 70s and 80s there was a bumper sticker that said HUNGRY EAT YOUR FORGIN CAR. This country is losing jobs at very fast rate. Soon we will be called the United States of China if we don't get our act together. Excuse my rant
JOHN EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN EVANS
Im sorry but this country can continue to buy crap made in China. Buy American! Back in the 70s and 80s there was a bumper sticker that said HUNGRY EAT YOUR FORGIN CAR. This country is losing jobs at very fast rate. Soon we will be called the United States of China if we don't get our act together. Excuse my rant
I fully agree!

That is why I spent the extra and bought the real deal Alcoa wheels!