Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
pullnit

What is the warranty on my 2007 Select Suite

Hi All
What is the warranty on my 2007 Select Suit?? I my have a frame issue. There is a crack in the fiberglass sidewall under the bed slide.
Thanks John

pullnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
layne

I don't know about your specific warranty, but we have an 07 ES that had a similar problem like you describe. The dealer wouldn't/couldn't fix it, so we took it to the factory. They re-fiberglassed several times, none of which held. In fact, we were half way back to TX when a crack started again. We took it back and they brought in engineers who determined it was not the frame, but the fiberglass wouldn't flex enough so they split it about 1/4 inch wide and put a piece of metal over it. This gave a wide enough split to flex--not really a pretty cosmetic touch, but it worked and it's fixed. If your crack is like ours was, it will not do anything but get bigger and wider. We worked with Tom Peck at the factory and he was great and wanted us happy. You might want to give him a call if he's still there or talk to someone at the factory as I don't think a dealer will give you any satisfaction.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
Motor31

The manufacturer warranty for the trailer is 1 year. The frame may have a longer one, if there really is a frame issue as already mentioned in the previous post. Go to the lippert website and take a look there. I know the hydraulic equipment warranty is 5 years.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
sr

Motor 31,

I also have a 2007 Select and the same thing happend to mine after it was out of warrenty. I called DRV and asked to talk to Kent. He said no problem that they would fix it. It's a known problem. He could not work me in, but referred me to Indiana Interstate Enterprise. The owner Paul Cross, used to work at DRV and did a very good job. I would highly recommend them for any repairs. He cut the gelcoat and put an expansion joint in. Also repaird the crack and it looks like it was done at the factory. That is the way all new Selects are manufactured now. Call DRV first and talk to Kent. He should take care of it.

Indiana Interstate Enterprise
P O Box 242
1960 E 025 N
Lagrange, IN 46761
Federal ID#20-4365834
Phone # 260 463 8100
2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
Trailair Auto Level Up with Remote
Lippert Under Chassis Storage
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
Rearview Camera, Water Softner
New Palestine, Indiana :)
sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
pullnit

Hi all
Thanks for the info. I am really not bothered by the crack in the glass if it is only cosmetic. I just dont want it to be a frame issue. It does spread slightly wider when hooked in the hitch. This bothers me most. Now that I see I am not alone with this crack issue it makes me feel a little better. Did anyone need welding or frame work to fix this issue??
Thanks John
pullnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
sr

Pullnit,

Its mostly cosmetic except I would be cautious of water seeping inside and rotting the wood laminate that the Gelcoat is fixed to. The way 5vers are made, they are going to flex when you hook up or unhook. The extended part of the frame which is where your Pinbox is will flex a little each time you hook up. There is a lot of weight on that extened frame. All fivers do this regardles of manufacturer. I would get it fixed. Paul Cross removed the bottom fiberglass and check the frame to make sure there were no cracks. All was okay, but he was very thourgh.

2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
Trailair Auto Level Up with Remote
Lippert Under Chassis Storage
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
Rearview Camera, Water Softner
New Palestine, Indiana :)
sr is offline   Reply With Quote