Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
RGordon

No Heat From Furnace Duct in Bedroom

I was checking my furnace out this week and found no air coming from the floor vents in the bedroom. Found the supply duct in the basement compartment had fallen down and was not connected to anything. The metal connector was connected to the main duct by one piece of aluminum tape, no screws or anything that would look professional. This rig just keeps me busy all the time making repairs. I had a Winnebago Adventurer motorhome for five years and didn't have to work on anything. My Suites is a repairman's dream come true. Just thought I would pass this on just in case anyone else was wondering why no air was coming from their floor vents.

2007 Mobile Suite 38RL3 #3698
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
Motor31

It's not unusual for the ducting to fall away and has been mentioned more than once so you're not alone. FWIW I agree, they should have done a better job on that area.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
bstark

I've made that little repair for a number of owners with the same complaint and it is spread over the whole spectrum of production years. For the want of 2 little sheet metal screws (even staples might suffice) they'd risk an unhappy customer.

My problem with this type of thing is why do they continue doing something in an unsatisfactory manner when they've been made aware of the problem, in some cases, years before?

The over-torquing of screws in the end caps to roof/side wall trim fasteners is another one that is indicative of the breed. Take a walk around trailer parks with a few of these rigs in it and I guarantee you can spot the missing heads from the road. Just not acceptable in my mind for this stuff to continue through more than one model year.