Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
critter 02

newbie questions

My husband and I are going full timing next year. We are doing all our rv research and have narrowed it down to either a heartland or doubletree. We are trying to decide if we should get a washer/dryer and if so which kind. Also do they have dishwashers and if so do they work. Would love the ladies input on this or the men( do not want to be sexist) if they do these duties. It is just the two of us so I am not sure if these items warrant the cost and would love input.
thanks,
Brenda

critter 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
Motor31

It depends on the size of the rig you are planning to buy.

For the money I think the stackable washer and drier that Mobile Suites puts in their rigs is the way to go. They are small dimensioned and fit in a single closet / cabinet. They hold a full size load. Not a "super sized" load but a full sized load and the drier is rather efficient for 110 volts. It has saved up over $60.00 a month in laundromat costs and up to over $80.00 at times. Forget about it while boondocking as it uses way too much water and electricity.

The dishwashers are a joke, they are too small for full size dishes. Really when it comes down to it we use disposable dishes to cut down on dishwashing. We still use regular silverwear but not dishes. The space the dishwasher would take up is far better used as cabinet storage.

If you are getting a smaller unit, forgo the appliances and use the space for storage as you'll need it.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
Hi Brenda,

I see you found your way over to the forum. I'm known as fulltimesoontobe over at RV.NET. You'll find all of the answers to your questions about Mobile Suites over here. Just post them in the Doubletree/Mobile Suites section.
Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote