Old 08-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #11
Terry Weier

I guess I should not be so rough on them my main issue has been my Lipper frame and anything with the name Dometic on it I guess that dam near includes most RV's made.

Terry Weier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:04 AM   #12
wingnut60
Site Team

That helps us some--Lippert does make most of the towable frames on the market, and yes, they rush them out just like the RV mfgs do. Dometic also has a ton of RV items and some of them have quality problems--just like the RV mfgs do.
In Lipperts' defense, I have an appt to have the front jacks replaced this Tuesday--no cost, just the trip to the plant. Why they continued to use that design after the internet was full of posts about problems is a real bother--don't know what their thinking is on warranty costs vs sales...
My 3-yr-old Dometic AC quit cooling yesterday, but again, I had 2 Dometics that worked just fine for over 10 years on my last Suites. Is that a warranty issue? Or a quality issue? Or luck of the draw on a manufactured product?

IF we quit buying junk, they would have to improve, but their bottom line is the only thing that matters.

2015 38RSSA #7382
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #13
porkchop

You do know that Prevost DOES NOT in any way build RV's, right? They build chassis ONLY. Still don 't get it that you are getting screwed by someone if you sell it that cheap.
Hell, for that price I may be interested! Unless, as suggested by someone else, it's a POS and not taken care of.

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #14
4happyfeet

DW and I have a 2015 Redwood 38RL. We took a trip to Austin, TX with it 4 months after we purchased it. We stayed at a 5 star resort in Lakewood. While talking to the park manager, I was lamenting as to how many things had gone wrong with our rig. He told me that the park had just hosted a Prevost rally the week before. Said that Prevost sent two semis out-one was full of parts, the other a complete machine shop. Said that the Prevost owners get together at these rallies so that the factory techs can fix all of their problems. Said he heard virtually the same complaints that I had. I was recently looking into moving up to a DRV, but reading the complaints here has changed my mind. We've finally got most of the bugs out or replaced and are pretty happy with our rig now. Guess that's about as good as it gets-no matter what brand it is!
4happyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #15
porkchop

4happyfeet=read the post right before yours. Prevost DOES NOT BUILD RV'S!!!!

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:52 PM   #16
Notanlines

Prevost Car. Prťvost (pronounced pray-voh) is a Quebec, Canada-based manufacturer of touring coaches and bus shells for high-end motorhomes and specialty conversions. The company is a subsidiary of Volvo.
Iím curious about your point in all this.
Notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:52 AM   #17
4happyfeet

My point is that RVs have similar issues, no matter what the price point.

4happyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote