Old 08-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #11
Kevin All-Thumbs

Thanks Stan! Will do!

Kevin All-Thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #12
Kevin All-Thumbs

Stan:
I'm still on the road and stab problems worsening... hopefully I can limp home for a final fix, but meantime, I think I've got it narrowed to the solenoid check valve, a ram seal (or both?). Thinking replacing the solenoid is an easy check; however Lippert now tells me they've been discontinued and unavailable. Do you still have your old ones?

Old 08-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #13
stanleyz

Thumbs. Hi. Since our trailers are pretty much identical i would suggest if your symptoms are the same then our problems are the same. Changing that check valve is what camping world did to mine. They said they did it because Lippert told them that was the problem. Trouble with lippert is they dont have anyone who remembers these jacks. Were i u i would remove those rear units and have them rebuilt. Yntil then just keep them chained up when travelling. I did that for amonth or so on the road. I am also on the road and yes I have a valve that cw replaced. I assume it good since replacing it did nothing. I will be home by labor day. And FWIW i put off rebuilding the front rams and I am now on the road with them failing. Each time i hook up i have to raise the frame with a pair of bottle jacks. Once the weight is off the jacks will move and then the seals get wet i guess and they will lift the trailer. I tell you this so u know that all four probably need rebuilt. Hope this helps. Also there is a test for those ram seals. It may be in that old thread or maybe you can google it. I think it goes raise the jacks, open the top conection where the fluid goes in and then press the up button. If fluid comes out the top hole the seals are bad. However if i remember it right mine passed a couple times because the seals would turn and hold SOMETIMES. Check my old string and see if thats what i said back then. Good luck and if u still feel the valve will help let me know and we can work something out when i get home.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #14
Kevin All-Thumbs

Thanks Stan! To be clear, my rig does not have rear stabilizer jacks, only on the front... so I guess that means I only have 1/2 the problem?? But still a headache. I'm on the road till after Labor Day myself, so planning to limp home best as possible. So far, I can extend the front jacks to unhitch the truck, but when opening the 1st slide the front stabs drop down to the lowest level immediately. Fortunately, I can still raise the jacks back up to level and they'll hold (so far), but in doing so hear a gurgling sound from the pump compartment.... yet I see no frothing in the reservoir tank and fluid level has not dropped appreciably (nor have I seen any fluid on the ground, which is why I suspect the check valve). Meantime, I've purchased a couple bottle jacks for the trip home as a backup. I may need to get your old check valves but will run a test on the ram seals after Labor Day. Will let you know either way. Once again, I can't thank you enough for your original posting and follow-up.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #15
stanleyz

Hi Thumbs. I guess I'm confused I thought you were having trouble with the stabilizers. What happens if you open the slides first then do the landing gear? I do have a new valve or one that should be OK, I'll be home Labor day let me know if you need it. All I recall about the valves is that they should all be turned fully counter clockwise. If the landing gear lift and lower the trailer I would think the seals are OK. My guess and thats all it is would be that the manifold is malfunctioning. I think the test for a valve is to identify what it controls, close (clock wise) the valve and push the button. If it works when you push the button with the valve closed the valve is malfunctioning. Also, as I recall those valves are available from another source but I don't remember the web site. Google was my friend. Finally there is a guy in Indiana who is expert in these things, you might try talking with him. I think it;s Paul Cross RV if that's not right check on some of the threads on here for the right name. There is also a red block on the top of the driver side landing gear. I have forgotten what it does or how to check it but Google is yur friend. Good luck and stay in touch, maybe we can help each other as mine are failed and won't lift the trailer until I can move them up and down a couple times. I am assuming it,s the rams and moving them with the weight off gets them wet enough to seal. I had that experience with the stabilizers when they would stay up for days.