Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #1
kdclc1

Is the price right?

Just put a deposit on a 2011 DRV Elite Suites 38 RESB3, I have inspectors coming on Wednesday. The Camper looks and acts new in every way, except there are a couple of light groups that will not turn on and the Fuse Box has a blinking light that alternates between green and red. I hope it's a small issue. Anyway the Camper is otherwise as mint as they come. All the accessories are present and unused "Red Devil Central Vac, Sleeper Sofa Air Mattress, all the Fobs are present, all the remote controls are present, Rear View Camera Monitor and wireless receivers" Camper looks and smells new. It has an Onan 6500 LP Generator w/ 30 hrs. and side by side Washer and Dryer, King Size Sleep Number Bed. Even the Tires show very little wear. The Camper was traded in and the Original Owners purchase a Motor Home. Price for the unit is 60K + TTL. Any thoughts?

kdclc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:21 PM   #2
Cummins12V98

If it has the Schwintek slide system RUN the other way!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
terry and jo

I don't think the Schwintek slide system came along until 2012, but since that is a 2011 and they might have put it on prior to the "new model year," look on the bedroom slide for "rails" at top and bottom with slots in them. That indicates the Schwintek system. If those aren't there, then your slides will all be hydraulic.

If the DRV does not have the Schwintek, then since the trailer has the side bathroom, the hydraulic system for the bedroom slide has a flow diverter that takes the fluid from one source and sends it to two different hydraulic rams on the slide. With that in mind, always try to operate the slide without stopping it when extending or retracting. The flow diverter could be damaged if one stops the slide before it is all the way in or out.

Also, if all the slides are hydraulic, a specific sequence of slide and hydraulic jack operation is recommended to allow the system to "work the bubbles out" of the hydraulics. That sequence is below:

Order of Operation of Slides and Level-Up

Setup (Legs down and slides out):
1. Front landing legs
2. Level coach with level up legs and landing legs
3. Bedroom slide
4. Kitchen slide
5. Door side slide

Close up (Legs up and slides in):
1. Door slide
2. Kitchen slide
3. Bed slide
4. Level up legs
5. Front landing legs

As for the price, for a 2011 and an Elite Suites, I would guess that is a pretty good price. But, since I'm not real familiar with the Elite Suite models, I'd suggest getting answers from more than just me.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:44 PM   #4
kdclc1

Thanks for the great info.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
wanaBretiered

picked up my 2011 36rssb3 elite for less than 40,000 U.S.
Not sure if 2 more feet is worth 20+ thousand bucks.
May want to keep looking for that cherry to pick up cheap.
Kevin
wanaBretiered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:02 PM   #6
kdclc1

Congrats WannaB,
We have been looking and looking nationally every morning and evening for quite some time, this was the only Elite we could find that was 2011 or up and up to our standards with a reasonable price. We signed off on it the first morning it was advertised and the seller had 15 calls by noon, we were just the first to get there at 9:00am. We were extremely fortunate that it was only 40 miles away. Perhaps the market is different in Canada than it is in Texas, I know the Canadian dollar is worth more. Anyway enjoy your Camper and best wishes. Kevin & Cheryl.
2011 DRV Elite Suites 38RESB3 #5712
Old 06-23-2016, 08:00 AM   #7
wanaBretiered

Nice purchase Cheryl.
You will love it. One thing I did just this past week was to check the slides molding on the out side. (Bedroom)Here is a link i am talking about. mine which was storred indoors when not being used (or so I was told) had a little mold and wet wood when I removed the outside trim. Cleaned it up with bleach and a little paint then resealed it, very easy to do. I was told to have a look at mine by a fellow Elite owner at the HDT ECR this past April.

https://suitesownersinternationaltra...at-the-factory

Your dollar is way stonger than ours....Our Canadian Dollar is equal to 70 cents U.S right now..
Hope to see you at a rally in the future Cheryl...I hope you enjoy the Elite as much as myself and my wife do...that is when I am not working..
Kevin..
man do I ever wanaBretired!!!!!!!!!!
wanaBretiered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:04 AM   #8
oldbird

terry and jo, is that slide-jack procedure you listed also for a 08 36TK3? This the first I have heard of a 'order'.
Glenn 2008 36TK3 #4571
oldbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:36 PM   #9
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbird View Post
terry and jo, is that slide-jack procedure you listed also for a 08 36TK3? This the first I have heard of a 'order'.
Glenn,

I don't know for sure about the 08 models, but if the slides are all hydraulic, I would suspect that it would benefit to open and close in something like that order.

Our unit is a 2010, so I found out about the process either just before we ordered in February of that year or shortly after getting it. I just know that I follow that sequence every time and have never had an issue with the hydraulics.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:32 AM   #10
wingnut60
Site Team

FWIW,
9 years with our 36TK3 and have never bothered with the slide in/out order, tho we do use the same routine to set up/tear down. We often put the kitchen slide out only; have to put the br slide out at times to get to the closet; sometimes only the main slide to eat. The order of the slides going in/out doesn't seem to bother our unit, and we don't always put them all the way out.
Doesn't make it right, maybe we've been lucky to not have problems with them.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
anijet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
FWIW,
9 years with our 36TK3 and have never bothered with the slide in/out order, tho we do use the same routine to set up/tear down. We often put the kitchen slide out only; have to put the br slide out at times to get to the closet; sometimes only the main slide to eat. The order of the slides going in/out doesn't seem to bother our unit, and we don't always put them all the way out.
Doesn't make it right, maybe we've been lucky to not have problems with them.
Joe
I agree. We often move any one of the slides part way out for temporary access to something. Many times DW has extended a slide before I lower the landing gear. No order of extension or retraction is required. I was involved in aviation hydraulics for years and unless a system is sequenced no order is necessary.

anijet is offline   Reply With Quote