Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
Jack in Alaska

MS is being traded

I am very hesitant to do this but we are trading in our 2004 MS RE3 on a Jayco 40' Bungalow. The wife wanted more room and we do not travel with our RV very much. The Jayco will be parked on our lot in Palm Creek in Casa Grande, Az and we will take our dually back to Alaska to use for towing our boat.
Being part of the MS bunch has been fun and informative. I never thought we would part with ours but as age creeps up on you realities set in. I believe the MS line is a top notch product. For sure there are warts on them but they all have warts. I think MS has fewer and have been addressed by DRV very fairly. They are an excellent company and I wish them continued success.
I will continue to lurk in the MS forums just for fun.
Happy Camping.........Jack in Alaska

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
Gemstone

With #1051....you were on the "bleeding" edge.....good luck with your next chapter. Let us know how your choice works out.

Regards
Gemstone

Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Hey can I have your Mobile Suites hat????(Big Grin)
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
Jack in Alaska

Stacey,

I have two MS hats.

Will be in Palm Creek middle of next week.

Jack

Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
westx

Jack, hate to lose you from the DRV family you have been a great help thru the year. Know you will still be on sight with you wisdom. We go back to the first sight. Good luck with you new unit.
Fulltimers since Sept. 06
westx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
jdwilson3

Good luck with the new rig. Tell Larry I said HI when you get to Casa Not So Grande!
Old 10-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
Jack in Alaska

Pulled the trigger today. MS is available in Mt. Vernon, Wash.
Spending our 1st night in it tonight. Heading to Arizona in the morning.
I teared up today walking out of the MS for the last time. We have been many miles and many nights together.
Hopefully this new rig will take it's place successfully. We will see.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
Gemstone

So, Jack....how many miles do you figure you had on that rig and what maintenance, preventive or otherwise did you do along the way ?

Safe Travels
Gemstone
Old 11-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
Jack in Alaska

Gemstone,

We had approx. 50k miles on our MS. A trip to Cancun, Mex. and back to Alaska was our longest.
I kept GY614 tires on it never over 5 yrs. old. Never had a blowout.
Had the brakes (drum) and Neverlube brgs. checked every two years. All still original and in almost new condition.
Did the ZEP coating on the front and rear fiberglass cap. Looks great. Thx Larry.
Had the kitchen slide support pads replaced with rollers. No more problems after a disaster in Mexico. Pads bent over and dug into the vinyl and plywood floor. A real mess but Paul Cross made it like new at the factory.

My MS has already been sold and now lives in far eastern Washington near the Idaho border. The people are very happy with it. The lady called me and complemented my wife on how well she took care of our RV inside.
I left a note in the MS paperwork with a general history of the MS and my name and phone no. Told the new buyer to call anytime. THey did and we had a good conversation.

I had two new MS fenders with correct paint on them stored in my shed in Az. No MS left so I gave them to my neighbor in the park with a similar MS. His fenders were broken.

We are on our 4th week in the new Jayco. It is a good rig with lots of room and more homey feeling but it is not the quality of the MS. Also minimal outside storage. I have been "making it ours" the last few weeks. That process goes on until you sell your rig.
The hardest thing for me is that I no longer have an RV to hit the road for long trips with. This one is a park it and live in it rig which I guess it is more realistic for us now. I am keeping my truck with the 5er hitch. Maybe a good deal on a smaller 5er will come along and we can hit the road again.
Probably just a pipe dream but that is what life is about. Making your dreams happen. That MS was our 10th RV since 1966. Maybe an 11th is in my future.
Enjoy your rigs as much as you can as the time flys by and then you can't RV travel anymore.

Happy holidays to the MS gang...........Jack in Alaska parked in Az.