Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
RickandJanice

Level-Up

We just had Level-Up installed today at TrailAir. Cannot say enough about Ron McCoy! He is very professional and one of the most polite people we have met in a long time. We cannot say enough about everyone we have dealt with at TrailAir.

As for the system, this is one of the best purchases we have ever made! Cannot believe how easy it is to use and how easy leveling just got. Our rig is even more steady than ever before. All this with just a push of a button.

As far as we are concerned, this is the best levelling system ever designed. Again, "hats are off" to all of those who participated in the idea, design and implementation of this system at DABODA. We now understand why Lippert wanted to purchase the rights to Level-Up.

RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Free To Roam

Lippert did acquire Trail Air, Ron now works for them.
That, I am afraid, is going to be a HUGE loss for those of us, who like you have had a very good experience with him.
His superior knowledge, and ability to communicate with us about our
problematic systems will be sorely missed...

Old 05-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
porkchop

Is Ron leaving Trailair? Lippert purchased them quite some time ago and I've not gotten, from him, that he was leaving.
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Free To Roam

We were there last week for service, in fact, I think we were the last service to be performed in the Dierdorf building.
He is now working for Lippert, on College St.
What a loss!
No one was sure how, or where service was to be performed. Ron is supposed to "teach" the Lippert people how to properly install the level system, as well as the air ride.
Those were all put on, after a unit was completely built, now it will be done as part of the manufacturing process.
We shall see what happens...
Ron was super trustworthy, concerned about doing a good job, honest. A good representative. Lippert on the other hand....
Old 06-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Army Guy

We had an appointment scheduled for the end of June and received a call that work was to be done at a different location now. Since all the info of Lippert doing the work now, decided to hold off on installing until the dust settles. Will be monitoring this situtation as time goes on. I have been told Ron was going to Lippert and that he was the only tech they kept on.

Seeing the country we Defend.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
ron will stilll be making the instilations.
Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
Free To Roam

Lippert indicated they wanted him to train their folks...
Old 06-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
rotaxman

Lippert

You can bet if Lippert has anything to do with it the quality will be in the toilet.

This junk 09 that I have has level up on it it is the non remote and non wireless version and it is pure junk.

I don't think it is plumbed correctly for me there isn't a better leveling system made than big foot. Not offered on DRV because of the sorry Lippert frames. I have several friends that have big foot and have had no issues or operational problems.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
rotaxman

Level up

Rick and Janice

Darn I hate it when my fingers get faster than my pea brain. Glad to hear that you are having good luck with level up. It's always good when something works like its suppose to especially when you have a large investment of money in it.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Old 06-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
47hook

Had our LevelUp installed at Trailair a couple of years ago now; I believe after Lippert had purchased them. Have 3 switches that control the system and must use levels to get the rig level. The system (and the Lippert frame/slides - oops, on edit did have one slide ram replaced because of debris in the hyd system the first year of ownership) have worked flawlessly. After unhooking the rig I use both the door side and off door side switches at the same time to raise and lower unit and get close to the final height, then use individual switches to level. Works great.

Rotaxman, not sure why the Lippert frame would preclude using the Big Foot system but I do hope you have a chance to get your LevelUp system working to your satisfaction...
2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
Free To Roam

To Rotaxman, you are right.
Ron took a look at mine, immediately noticed it was plumbed wrong.
Hydraulic resivour was too samll, and had a pressure line on where ther was supposed to be a return line. He noticed it immediately. Asked me if from time to time, did it seem the hydraulic resisted itself, and, did the front jack drift down occasionally, with no rhyme or reason. Yes on both counts.
He took a peek in the hydraulic cabinet, instantly noted the wrong, fixed it. put on a bigger tank, re-plumbed by adding a divertor, and a good 25' hose, that went somewhere mid-ships. He took off the under-belly, put it back, can't tell he was even in there.
That kid is good!
I too have the wired system, and a WOW wireless unit. The wireless is a total waste. The factory put in a new WOW box, it worked, for a while.
You can re-program the box pretty easy, small screwdriver slot next to the plug on the WOW box, press it in, hold it down, while pressing and holding any key on the wireless fob. Worked for this box, probably won't last...
BTW, we are making headway on the fridge issue....
later...
Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
RickandJanice

We have the one touch auto level system but I saw no need to purchase the wireless control. When you can push one button and let the system do the work, really could not justify the extra cost for what I think is a little more glitz than we need and just something else to mess with.

After talking to Paul at Interstate RV, was also glad we did not spend the extra money on the remote either. He has seen some problems with the remote loosing its program and also mentioned that he has also repaired a couple of rigs where owners thought the remote had raised the jacks when it had not activated them.

As for Ron going to Lippert, I consider that a good move to have him do the training. However, I can also understand waiting awhile, I would not like someone training for the first time on our rig either. Sure am glad we got ours done before the Trailair Service Center closed. Really neatly installed and we are very happy with it.
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
rotaxman

Wireless

Rick and Janice,

I think that in the scheme of level up it first came out with buttons on the trailer, then I think it came with a wired remote, then a wireless remote and I believe finally with auto leveling.

If I remember correctly I think Bob Tege told me that I could upgrade to the wireless remote for 490.00 dollars. I think last year that Kara at Trail Air told me that I could get the auto leveling for 1000.00 dollars.

I passed on both I'm not planning on keeping this junk 09 and did not want to invest any more work or money in this unit.

On the next unit I will have Big Foot with auto leveling. I agree with everything that Paul has to say and would only go with auto leveling.

I had several dealings with Dale Fenton when he ran Trail Air and he and his company were a stand up operation.

Hope it all keeps working well for you.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #14
hitchup

Our unit came with the wireless remote. David used it once and now it sits in a drawer.

Overall, it's much easier to level the 2009 MS than the 2006 ES. Especially, because we don't need to carry multiple boards when we hit a sloped sight.

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote