Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
USA in a Chevrolet

Pressure Pro versus Doran 360 Tire Monitoring Systems

I have had a Pressure Pro Tire monitoring system for 5 & a half years. I am looking from opinions from people who have owned BOTH Pressure Pro & Doran 360 systems to see if they recommend one over the other. The reason that I am thinking of changing systems is twofold. First my batteries are over five years old & will probably need to be replaced soon. Second, I traded in my 2500HD SRW Chevy for a 3500HD Dually so I need 2 more monitors. By buying 2 more monitors & replacing the existing monitors, I'll be spending a good portion of the cost of buying a new system. My Pressure Pro is the older model & I can update the monitor to a new model for $100. Or I can buy the Doran system. My only complaint with the Pressure Pro is that the tire pressure sensors will leak air eventually if you do not change out the seals occasionally. Pressure Pro says that they have changed the seals to a new rubber thsat does not leak. So, if you have both products, which do you recommend?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
If your only going to compare those two products other than the monitors looking different, you have two of the same preforming units, with as I recall a slight price advantage to Doran.

1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
BlueSkyRanch

Stacey, what system do you sell and run on your unit?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
I use the TST system, it will monitor the tire pressure and the tires air temperature. It will alarm should the tire get too hot, or the pressure changes above or below any setting the owner programs. I had a brake pad stick on my truck causing the brakes to overheat on that one wheel. It got hot enough to send that heat into the aluminum wheel and then into the inner dual tire, setting off the alarm at 157 degrees. I was able to pull off the road and repair the stuck pad and then continue. Had I not been warned who knows what could have happened, for sure a lot of money either in brake repairs, or failed/blown out tire. The system in that one instance paid for itself. The TST system has a two year warranty, and now comes in either of two systems, #510 is a sealed sender system with non replaceable batteries, good for approx 5 years. The #507 has owner replaceable batteries in the senders and are good for about 9 to 12 months. The batteries can be purchased in most every department and hardware store for about 3 or 4 dollars.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote