Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
kfrimr

Check your AC and Heat Pump

I was just up on the roof cleaning and decided to clean the AC/Heatpump. I opened the plastic lid, covered the motor with a plastic bag, sprayed everything with Simple Green, then hosed it off with high pressure water. cleaned up great easy. But looking closer I noticed that the foam rubber gasket that directed air through the coils was not even touching the top of the coils. So I removed the foam rubber gaskets and re-glued it so that if sealed the area around the coils, forcing the air to go through the coils rather than allowing it to go around. Later I ran the Heatpump and WOW it ran about 1/2 the time from what it had before.

So the next day I opened up the AC and cleaned it up and it also did not have the rubber gasket in the correct place, so I re-glued it also.

Dometic could use some quality control, but I wish I had opened these up 4 years.

Kent

kfrimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
John Landry

Can you take a picture of the mod and post it. I will get up on the roof this weekend and check. Thanks for the info
John Landry is offline   Reply With Quote