Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
John Harrelson

Telivision Guide ?

Once upon a time the Sunday papers included a separate television guide that people kept all week, until the following Sunday's paper came out.

It showed the entire and complete listings of all the local and cable channels in my viewing area and their line-up for the coming week.

Then the paper started printing only the "Daytime" schedule ( 0600 to 2400 hrs)

And now only the "Evening" schedule is printed.. ( 1800 to 2400 hrs)

So I went to the grocery store to buy a "TV GUIDE" ... you know, the little book that list the 24 HOUR line-up of ALL the channels in my viewing area..

Well, guess what..... there is no such thing anymore ! !

Today's "TV GUIDE" is nothing but a thin "MAGAZINE" with 99% of it's content being advertisements and "behind the scenes" crap.... and it only shows the "Evening" line-up..

Needless to say, I no longer buy any newspaper or the TV Guide...

I have gotten used to "Channel Flipping" and therefore if TV Guide ever did decide to go back into business or the newspapers decided to once again print the whole and complete TV guide section, I doubt I would buy it anyway...

Those two entities have trained me to not rely on them for television information, so I don't..

Now where did I put that remote control .....hmmmnnnnnnn.... wonder if its too early for a beer ....... nahhhh.

John