Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #11
SteveandPam

I had a tread separation on Goodyear G114 on my an 8 month old Mobile Suites. I have the rig weighed regularly so I know it wasn't over weight. I manually checked the air that morning, and topped one off on the other side. I run tire monitors, so I know the pressure and temperature. The tire did not loose a pound of air. I just lost the tread. I discovered it at the rest area when I walked around for my safety check. Good Year declined my claim, so I sent it through insurance. I'm out the $430 they charged me to replace the tire, and my deductible. I will never buy a Goodyear tire again. I would take Goodyear off your list too.

SteveandPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #12
SrFox

I have had 10 Sailuns on our rig, some for 4 years. Love them and would never go back to the GY or M tires. Not quite the mileage as some other brands but I just am putting 4 new ones on the back of the Dually after close to 50,000 miles. They still have tread but why take a chance. I paid under $100 ea for them at Simple Tire. I often get discount coupons email spam from them. If you are interested and not in a hurry I can send them to you.

SrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:57 AM   #13
sfsgm

Fact is that not all Goodyear tires are made in the United states. They are made in the US, Chile and Germany.

One does not necessarily only need be concerned about the nationality of the tire.
sfsgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:31 AM   #14
Notanlines

Steve, could you explain this to us: "I sent it through insurance. I'm out the $430 they charged me to replace the tire, and my deductible."
You claimed tread separation on your tire on your insurance? Where does the $430 come in?
Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #15
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterrydactyl View Post
I doubt that the Endurance tire has be available to have a “stellar” rating. Perhaps in a few more years when there are more stats on their performance.

HUH?

They have been on the market for two full years. Do you know of any failures? I don't.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #16
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveandPam View Post
I had a tread separation on Goodyear G114 on my an 8 month old Mobile Suites. I have the rig weighed regularly so I know it wasn't over weight. I manually checked the air that morning, and topped one off on the other side. I run tire monitors, so I know the pressure and temperature. The tire did not loose a pound of air. I just lost the tread. I discovered it at the rest area when I walked around for my safety check. Good Year declined my claim, so I sent it through insurance. I'm out the $430 they charged me to replace the tire, and my deductible. I will never buy a Goodyear tire again. I would take Goodyear off your list too.

NOT calling you a liar. Did the tire get sent to GY to be looked at?

You are the first person I had heard of to be denied a claim on a GY "H" tire. They have had an issue with tread separation and loss. Very few blow unless they are ignored.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #17
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
NOT calling you a liar. Did the tire get sent to GY to be looked at?

You are the first person I had heard of to be denied a claim on a GY "H" tire. They have had an issue with tread separation and loss. Very few blow unless they are ignored.

GY replaced ALL 4 of my tires 3 prorated and one completely free.

This is the last one replaced. You can see the second rib is higher than the outer.