Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2019, 04:28 AM   #1
Notanlines

Very slow large slide

Our large slide with 'fridge and stove and TV has a problem. It will move very, very slowly and stop about 1 inch shy of closing completely. Then, if we move the opposite slide all the way in, it then reverses and moves all the way back out to the original position. If I toggle switch a time or two, eventually it moves at normal speed and seal correctly. Might I ask where the relays are for the slides? Probably in the area of the hydraulic pump? I'm game to try most anything. Thanks.

Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #2
OCB

My first thought is. How is your Hydraulic Oil level. If the level is low there could be air getting in the system. The oil reservoir should be up to the full mark when all slides and jacks are in.

Question you wrote. Then, if we move the opposite slide all the way in, it then reverses and moves all the way back out to the original position.
Which slide moves all way out, the opposite slide or the kitchen slide? Is that because of air pressure inside the RV or do you have the door open when closing the slides?
Clay 2016 MS 38PS3

OCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #3
Notanlines

Clay, I posted a reply to this about 10:00 this morning....? Who knows. Anyway, yes, I have checked the fluid. It was on the money. And the slide I'm having trouble with is the one that will return to the open position. The street side slide works fine. I'm stumped, but I will keep everyone up on my progress.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
Notanlines

With a little guidance from Clay and Bill I have learned about five minutes ago that if a solenoid is tapped lightly with a large Crescent wrench the slide will operate like new!! I'll keep an eye on it and see if it gives me any more trouble. Thanks to all...
Jim