Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
jr2194

Hitch Help GMC 3500HD

I just purchased my dream truck a new GMC 3500HD Duramax as i prepare to to become a frequent traveling RVer. The truck I bought came with the new GM 5th wheel / goose neck under box towing prevision which was designed in partnership with curt. Since the truck is a 6 1/2 box I knew I would want to get a slider type hitch as an insurance policy. The issue I just learned is the mount is designed to on accept the Curt legs and "fixed" hitch. (no one else makes anything yet) They are still in development for their roller/slider product. So I'm at a loss for options... what about a sidewinder type pin box (pros/cons?) other options? I'm planning to get a new Keystone toyhauler (raptor or fuzion) so I know they have the rounded nose which may minimize my risk. Any Help? Opinions? Thanks

jr2194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
RobS

I have a 2015 3500 HD With a Duramax and the 6.5 box, I was worried about the slider hitch and the 5vr hitting the cab, I was considering the Pull Rite auto slider, well after reading a lot of forums and taking into consideration the scalped back front of my 2016 Open Range, I bought the B&M 18K Patriot Slider, first time I pulled it I very slowly backed her around and just about got on a 90, and I was nowhere near the cab, and I didn't slide the hitch back, I guess if I was to do it all over again, I would consider the Anderson, but if I ever do get into an off camber situation at least I have the option and I can always slide my 5vr back 12 more inches.
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote