Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
rjohnsonnm

Doubletree phone number

I know I have seen the phone number for the service dept somewhere on this site, but I can't find the number throiugh a search. I have a pressing problem and need some help quickly. If anyone can give me the number I would appreciate it. Maybe someone has an answer to my problem while we're at it. The back motor on the kitchen slide stopped working and I can only get the slide in or out by pushing on the back while my DW operates the switch. I had to wedge a board inside to keep it from floating out while we were driving yesterday to San Diego from Yuma. We'll be in SD for awhile so I have time to replace the motor if I can find out where to get it. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Ron

2004 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #0925
2011 F-350 Lariat Diesel Longbed
Albuquerque, NM
rjohnsonnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
bstark

Ron; are you sure there are two motors? My understanding of that system would be: there is one motor with a cross-shaft guaranteeing alignment through two gears or sprockets running in a "rack" at either end. If I'm correct you simply need to replace a shear-bolt (typically 1/4" X 20tpi about 2" long) that has broken at one end of that cross-shaft.

Also (if I'm correct), folks who have the electric motor slideout system should be able to chime in and give you the exact location to look at above your belly material. There was a thread posted some time ago showing pic's of the exact loacation and appearance of parts.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
There is only one motor/gear box per slide. The kitchen slide motor is located at the rear of the of that slide, under the TV area. There is a cut out in the bottom paneling that allows easy access to that area. If the gear box has failed, it is made by Barker Mfg. in Michigan. I took mine in and they replaced the gear box at no charge. If the set screw has loosened up and the gear box is not turning the shaft, that is a easy job to resecure in the correct position. If the gear box needs to be removed, you really need to contact Barker and request the special wrench to make the job easy. Without that wrench, it takes a couple of hours, with it 20 minutes. I've had mine out twice and Barker will accept gear boxes if sent in, so they told me.http://www.barkermfg.com/our_service.html If you need more info contact me.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
There is no number straight to the service department. You have to go through the main number and they will transfer.
Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote