Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
Gemstone

Retrofits

What alterations/modifications have you done to make your DRV better than factory issue ?

Regards
Gemstone

Old 06-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Jim Keefer

I junked the lead weight 27" Sony in living room and purchased a Sony flat screen tv.. I then built a CD rack behind it.. Great place to store them out of the way.. Just my small project.. My Jeannie also wants to remove carpet, but not sure if I am capable of doing the floor project..

2005 CK3 #1631
2004.5 Dodge Cummins
Quad, Laramie Pkg.
BD Exhaust Brake
S.O.I.T.C. Western Division
Jim Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
missourijan

We have a Select tk3, added a shelf on one side of the bed, added shelf in laundry closet by the door, added cabinet doors on the outside of the kitchen island (makes it much easier to get in there). We also took out the monstrous Samsung tv and replaced with flat screen. We use the extra space in back to store our photo printer. Would love to remove the main area of carpet, wonder if there is linoleum under there? I almost had that done when we ordered it and really regret that I didn't.
2012 Mobile Suite #5942
2012 Ford F350 Super duty
"We used to work, now we workamp"
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
hitchup

Besides adding a few cabinet shelves, we switched out all the furniture (including bed mattress) with residential grade, we also bought a 2-pc desk that fits in the dinette area.

Future Plans are to have DRV or another cabinet maker build a new desk in place of this heavy one. I'm still designing it in my head. Because I can't quite decide on total length or if we want a cabinet between windows of door-side slideout. And how large the dining table to add to it. Also, not sure when to plan a trip to Indiana to get it switched out. It's tough to get time off from work...

Right now we're building up Rewards points to pay for new kitchen & bath faucets.

DRV was great about adding the majority of the Custom changes we requested while building. If we would have had a plan in mind, would have added the desk at build time!
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
keithandpenne

We made pull out shelves for our appliance garage and the cabinet above.

Opened up the enpty space in the corner beside the refrigerator/behind the pantry drawers and put in 5 shelves to use as a curio cabinet.

Moved dining table to rear of coach.

Replaced 27" Sony with a 37" Vizio.

Added CD/DVD shelves behind living room TV.

Added 32" TV to basement.

Replaced living room/kitchen flooring with laminate.

Change window treatments seasonally, ordered with only day/night shades so we could add our own window treatments.

Added a PVC framed clothes line to rear ladder.

Installed peg board on the back of coat closet to hang central vac accys and house tools.

Replaced dining ceiling light with lace shade hanging lamp.
2005 36TK3 #1855
2008 F450 CC Lariat
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Gemstone

"We made pull out shelves for our appliance garage and the cabinet above."

I like that idea...I'm guessing you lost about 2" of vertical space per pull out ? Did you just build out the sides of the cabinet to accommodate the drawer slides or did you cut off the plastic factory shelf brackets ?

I installed a pull out shelf in the bedroom corner cabinet to house my wife's jewelry box.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 07-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
gypsybill

We started with getting rid of the factory furniture and replacing it with La-Z-Boy reclining couch and love seat (found a pair that fits so the slides still close) Put two of the dinning table chairs in storage and got two folding ones from DRV that we can use when/if we have guest inside to eat. Next is to build a shelving system for the basement that I can easily stack and slide in and out 16 gallon totes. Since I am finding PVC to be my friend will probably build the system out of that.. I am sure more ideas/necessities will come the longer we full-time.

2010 DRV MS 36RSSB3 #5073
gypsybill is offline   Reply With Quote