Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
Hokiedad

new to forum

Hello everyone! I guess I am the newest member here. Hopefully I can glean some knowledge from some of you that have been around awhile. My wife and I are relatively new to Rving and we currently have a jayco 23' hybrid that we love most of the time.As I get closer to retirement we would like to upgrade to a quality built 5th wheel. We have looked at New Horizon, Luxe, Mobile Suites, etc. yea....not happening. My newest idea is to go older but still look for a well built unit. So far I seem to be drawn to 2010 and 11 Carriage Cameo and Carrilite. Seems like very well built and reklatively affordable, at least by me 30-40K price range. Thoughts and suggestions?

Hokiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
Rockyhud

Hey Hokiedad. Welcome to the forum - and sorry for the late response. ;>) As we just bought a "new to us" DRV Mobile Suites I probably won't have a lot of brand specific knowledge to help with any questions you may have but I'll bet there will be others here who can and will. I too recently joined this forum and have already gleaned several nuggets of insight from others, so I'm sure you will too.

I don't know if you've already bought your RV yet but from what I've read online the Carriage line still seems to get pretty high marks for quality built RVs. We chose an older DRV basically for 2 reasons - I had read several posts from owners of somewhat older DRVs that considered them to be generally well designed and quality built RVs and older models like ours are much more affordable for us. So far, with the exception of a small number of items I need to tend to, this 5th wheel seems to be living up to my expectations. Good luck in your quest for an upgrade rig.

2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:24 AM   #3
Hokiedad

Hey Rocky.. Thanks for the response. We actually did purchase the Carriage Carrilite about two weeks ago. Now I am learning to deal with all the do dads and what nots on a rig as big as she is. Heaters and solar controllers and talk about light switches, I think it has as many as my house. We looked at a gazillion RVs-over the last year and a half and just couldn’t seem to find “the one”. We really like the New Horizon but not the price tag and couldn’t find a used one that we could afford. The fit and finish on the Carriage actually reminds me of the New Horizons units. We actually looked at Mobile Suites and really liked the way they are put together but couldn’t find a used one we liked and to be honest we were afraid to buy anything from Thor Industries. Good luck with yours and mayb3 we’ll catch you on the road somewhere. We are currently based in Southeast PA. By the way we are Steve and Donna, I see you are Steve and LaDonna.
Hokiedad is offline   Reply With Quote