Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
jayc

No Landmarks on the Road...

I just returned from a trip down to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, winter home of many, many snowbirds. I didn't see one Landmark on the road down there and back. I didn't go into many of the RV parks down there, but with the exception of one pull-type trailer that is a FEMA refugee trailer in a park in Houston, I have never seen either a Landmark or Bighorn on the road or in one of the parks that I have visited (about 9 this year so far).

I have been very interested in a Landmark trailer for a long time and this is not a slam on the brand, but just an observation that I haven't seen one outside of a dealer's lot. I know that there are a lot of members of the Heartland forum, but apparently none of them live in Texas or at least none that come to the Houston area.

Edge juice, no attitude

Join us at the Texas Boomers RV club
jayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
Cooper

Heartland has only been making LandMark for two years so there's not to many out there, I own a 2006 LandMark Golden Gate and love it. Let me know when you come through Dallas I may be going on a trip I travel in it at least once a month. The Dallas RV show is this weekend and the LandMark will be there.

Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
madigand

I was in Kerrville, TX at The Buckhorn Resort last weekend. There was a Bighorn 3500rl there. It was their maiden voyage. Jim was eager to show it to me as interested in Grand Canyon model
madigand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #4
jayc

I know that the Houston Heartland dealer will not participate in the Houston RV show. I called them last year to see if they would be there, but they said it was "too expensive to be worthwhile".

I would really like to see this brand do well as I am still interested in them.
Edge juice, no attitude

Old 02-23-2006, 08:57 AM   #5
Cooper

It looks liked if you sold one trailer you would make your money back plus. Just called my Dealer they will not be @ the RV show in Dallas. I think the dealer has a place in Austin, Houstin and Denton. Explorer USA

Today 2/23/2006
Old 02-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
jayc

Well, I think you're probably right Cooper, but in order to sell a unit, you might first have to deal a bit to make the sale. The Houston dealer does not seem to want to come off MSRP more than a couple of thousand dollars. As far as I can tell, they have yet to sell the first Heartland trailer and their website still shows that all of their stock is a 2005 model.

BTW, I don't think that there is an Explore USA in Houston.
Edge juice, no attitude

Old 02-24-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
Cooper

I talked to my dealer yesterday and he will be in the fall show. I said would it be better to be in the show now because people will be looking for a trailer for this summer. He is opening another store in Fort Worth and did not have the man power.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #8
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
jayc,

We just got back from 2 weeks in the Rio Grande Valley. There was one Landmark 5W in the park we stayed in in Pharr. I didn't talk to the owners so can't tell you anything about how they like it.
Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
Cooper

I have a Gloden Gate but I have only seen one other on the road. I will be hitting the road soon if the weather holds out Wednesday it was 93 March 1-2006 and the rest of the week is in the 70's. time to get out
Old 05-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #10
BluegrassMan

WE (Heartland Owners) are around 3400 and growing !!!!!

Hi Guy's

I just thought I'd let you know there are many Heartland trailers out there. I don't see as many Landmarks as Bighorns (economic reasons I guess). I love my Grand Canyon. The granite counters look sheek! All you higher end lookers really need to look at the Landmarks. Big Bang for your Buck!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #11
bowtorc

Hi guys

WE have a Landmark Mt. Rushmore and travel to Brownsville from Peoria Illimois for the winter. Look at them,you will love them.

bowtorc is offline   Reply With Quote